The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 hours ago, Torfason said:

So........deadline day approaches...........any names being linked?

I think the person to ask, is...

On 29/01/2021 at 13:39, djchapsticks said:

👀📄✍️?

:D

On 29/01/2021 at 15:31, djchapsticks said:

Probably not likely today, TBH.

WS7lmBd.gif

5 hours ago, Bonzoboys said:

Strange feeling being a Buddies these days.  We have been conditioned to expect certain outcomes from both sides of the old firm..

I think it's deeper than that, we've somehow conditioned ourselves as being a yo-yo team. As "happy" in the Championship as we are at the bottom of the Premiership. Yet when I first started supporting, we were top division side and finishing top half was almost expected.

Strange feeling being a Buddies these days.  We have been conditioned to expect certain outcomes from both sides of the old firm.. Who didn't feel we had blown it when Rangers equalised with 3 minutes to go in the Cup or Cetic equalised on Saturday.  I cannot remember a Saints team, picking themselves up and scoring so quickly.  Normally the heads go down and stay there.
Certainly for me, my heart sank and though "here we go again.".
I am so happy to be wrong,  is so wonderful!!
Even when we went 2-1up I was happy but not exstatic because like many others still expected Celtic to win because its what we are programed to except it was probably the least excited I have been for a win ever.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Even when we went 2-1up I was happy but not exstatic because like many others still expected Celtic to win because its what we are programed to except it was probably the least excited I have been for a win ever.

The art of being miserable even when you are happy........wtf

35 minutes ago, elvis said:

Eeyore GIF by memecandy

44 minutes ago, elvis said:

Seriously, if you didn't find that win exciting then supporting St Mirren isn't for you. I honestly can't see what you get out of it.

Was it tense in the final 10 minutes? Sure. But we also played some wonderful stuff. Alnwick made a last-ditch save, too. I felt sick from 80 mins onwards but that's not to say it wasn't exciting.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Record saying you're after a defender and striker today.

They're a bit late. JG stated as much in his pre-match interview last week.

Left sided defender is the one he's really been working on apparently.

Just now, FTOF said:

They're a bit late. JG stated as much in his pre-match interview last week.

Left sided defender is the one he's really been working on apparently.

Yeah, the left back is definitely in the works. He did mention that he was 'hopeful' of an attacker in his interview but if he only ended up with the LB he'd be happy enough.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, the left back is definitely in the works. He did mention that he was 'hopeful' of an attacker in his interview but if he only ended up with the LB he'd be happy enough.

Do you think the attacker will be dependent on others leaving? Would be surprised if Erwin is still with us when the deadline passes..

12 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

Do you think the attacker will be dependent on others leaving? Would be surprised if Erwin is still with us when the deadline passes..

Erwin is injured, so I doubt he'll be off.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Record saying you're after a defender and striker today.

WE WANT MOAR ATTACKERS!!1!!!1

I can't see that we need one, tbh, and it's more likely to be a 'forward' than a striker, IMO.

Having said that, it might be pie in the sky but having seen how we played at the weekend, I could imagine us trying to push the boat out for a loan for Greg Stewart. I think we need a 'buzzing round the main striker' kind of second striker and the Killie fans pretty much to a man said he brought out the best in Brophy.

McAllister did that role BRILLIANTLY at the weekend; if Obika was more mobile he'd be good at it, too, but we have got a lot of games coming up, so I could make a case for Stewart, certainly. Plus, if we're on for top six, Rangers might see the value in strengthening us vs the rest. Not that anyone is coming close to them now.

Edited by Coventry Saint