The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

A craze I have never understood. Couldn’t care less about it, far more interested in finding out about the diddies who will be running about in it.

New signing meltdown month is the main event to be fair, grown men crying over the collars and cuff trimming is just a wee bit of fun for the start of the summer.

3 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Looks like it's black shorts, which I always prefer. Ideally it's a striped back too.

I'd be surprised at that as the colour spread of the away shirt means the away shorts could only really be black.

Would be unusual to have home and away black shorts.

It's a beaut. 😍  Probably no stripes on the back though which is a gutter.

See people moaning about it having black shorts. See to be honest, anyone get the feeling the players just prefer wearing black shorts? We always start the campaign wearing white ones then a few games in they switch to black shorts. 

I'd be surprised at that as the colour spread of the away shirt means the away shorts could only really be black.
Would be unusual to have home and away black shorts.
I'm only going from the club website which has a full kit pre-order for kids. It's black shorts and black socks with a white trim.

https://www.stmirren.com/estore#!/2020-2021-Joma-Home-Baby-Kit-PRE-ORDER/p/205529036/category=29400344

Just now, Mordecai said:

I'm only going from the club website which has a full kit pre-order for kids. It's black shorts and black socks with a white trim.

https://www.stmirren.com/estore#!/2020-2021-Joma-Home-Baby-Kit-PRE-ORDER/p/205529036/category=29400344

Fair enough! I prefer black shorts with the home kit.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the away then. I really hope they don't go white shorts as it'll look daft.

Fair enough! I prefer black shorts with the home kit.
Will be interesting to see what they do with the away then. I really hope they don't go white shorts as it'll look daft.

The away top red and black yeah? Would red shorts work with it?

Like the home top body a lot. Don't get the can't make it's mind up if it's a round neck or a v neck. As the wee white v appears at the top of a black stripe, it looks odd. Same configuration of collar in black would be better IMHO.