The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Some of the stuff on here is reaching black & White army levels of desperate attention seeking. So many needy drama queens who seem to think they know everything that goes on at the club, and if it’s not to their liking the toys are out of the pram. 

I can’t be arsed with it, Goodwin has been in the job two weeks and he’s not even assembled his squad for the league campaign.

Give it a rest and let him get on with his job as he starts the long road of rebuilding and stability.

On 20/07/2019 at 22:49, Demented Zebra said:

When they find out what one of our short term players was on last season there will be a mega melt down.  Surprise, surprise will take your breath away trust me. 

Who and how much, then? Go on, you have our ear. 

Unbelievable amounts of ITK stuff on here and hardly any of it will be true. This was always going to happen after yet another manager pisses of at the wrong time leaving the incoming guy less time yet again to sort it! It seems to happen every bloody season. Jim needs backing and that means at least 5/6 players being brought in, over to Gordon,  Gus and Tony, time to help him out.

8 hours ago, Warren Mears said:

Demented Zebra LOVES this "oh, you won't believe" it stuff that, let's face it, is total bullshit.

Seems like one of those folk who genuinely enjoy being able to say "I told you so" that pretty much every club has.

I'm not even sure he's ever been correct 😂

He's been dropping these 'ITK'-style doom-mongering posts on here for about six weeks now and I am fairly sure his reliable sources are the voices in his head. He's a solid enough Saints fan, but it's painful to read.

10 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Some of the stuff on here is reaching black & White army levels of desperate attention seeking. So many needy drama queens who seem to think they know everything that goes on at the club, and if it’s not to their liking the toys are out of the pram. 

I can’t be arsed with it, Goodwin has been in the job two weeks and he’s not even assembled his squad for the league campaign.

Give it a rest and let him get on with his job as he starts the long road of rebuilding and stability.

12 days to kick off aye recruitment is going very well Vince. What's with the upper class looking down on BAWA ? Dont you know 95% of posters here post over there ? 

28 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

12 days to kick off aye recruitment is going very well Vince. What's with the upper class looking down on BAWA ? Dont you know 95% of posters here post over there ? 

There are some ridiculous threads on there at the moment, the one about Goody not being in the dugout for kickoff is particularly fucking bizarre.

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Ian I’ve never had the attitude of looking down on anyone, but when you read through that black & White army forum it would make your eyes bleed. 

The same clowns trolling their own fan base with multiple alias accounts, is not for me mate.

22 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Ian I’ve never had the attitude of looking down on anyone, but when you read through that black & White army forum it would make your eyes bleed. 

The same clowns trolling their own fan base with multiple alias accounts, is not for me mate.

Agreed. I stopped posting on B&WA last autumn after years of using the site. It really is fucking abysmal these days, with attention seeking fannies holding court.

29 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Agreed. I stopped posting on B&WA last autumn after years of using the site. It really is fucking abysmal these days, with attention seeking fannies holding court.

I still get drawn back, but it's just habitual now. I get no value or entertainment from it. Much like with any other social media, it's mainly a cesspool with increasingly sparse moments of quality. Decent posters being driven away by constant, repetitive bickering among the same slightly broken middle-aged men.

This place is actually an oasis by comparison, and is far superior.

Edited by Coventry Saint

20 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I still get drawn back, but it's just habitual now. I get no value or entertainment from it. Much like with any other social media, it's mainly a cesspool with increasingly sparse moments of quality. Decent posters being driven away by constant, repetitive bickering among the same slightly broken middle-aged men.

This place is actually an oasis by comparison, and is far superior.

I do happen by from time to time in the futile hope of finding anything resembling a decent rumour, or, even less likely, some genuine news. I don't engage, though. As you say, the petty in-fighting and vacuous drivel is soul destroying.

Last season was a 3 horse race. We decided to turn up in a pantomime horse outfit with a donkey leading us round the paddock and, no surprise, we finished last, despite quickly swapping the donkey for someone that happened to be passing by on their way home. Somewhat inexplicably, the wonderful city of Dundee bailed us out. Twice. 

This season looks like a 4 horse race, but I'm not ruling out the fakes or even Killie joining in for a laugh. Despite our performances to date, we've got the core of a decent squad and a promising manager.  Now we need to build it into a team through acquisitions, loans, development and management.

It's July ffs. The time to even begin to start worrying is at least 6 months away.

4 hours ago, bigbulllywee said:

I think Jim Goodwin is an upcoming excellent manager. Im sure that given backing from the board to allow him to bring in his own targets will see St Mirren develop into a solid Premiership team.

Ruined plenty of them before. 

18 minutes ago, AllyM said:

It's July ffs. The time to even begin to start worrying is at least 6 months away.

True. Nobody does a January transfer window squad overhaul like we do. Piece of piss.

It'd be nice if we didn't shit the bed when it comes to acquisitions every summer, though.

48 minutes ago, AllyM said:

Last season was a 3 horse race. We decided to turn up in a pantomime horse outfit with a donkey leading us round the paddock and, no surprise, we finished last, despite quickly swapping the donkey for someone that happened to be passing by on their way home. Somewhat inexplicably, the wonderful city of Dundee bailed us out. Twice. 

This season looks like a 4 horse race, but I'm not ruling out the fakes or even Killie joining in for a laugh. Despite our performances to date, we've got the core of a decent squad and a promising manager.  Now we need to build it into a team through acquisitions, loans, development and management.

I’m getting my worrying in early this season. Schools are on holiday, my local Tesco is quieter than normal. Roads are empty - easy to fire down and stock up on Pampers & Paracetamol now. Fcuk waiting until January.... icy roads, yummy mummies taking twenty minutes trying to park their Nissan Qashqais after dropping the rugrats at school. Nah, not for me. I’m soiling my breeks now. Get it sorted Scott / Fitzpatrick / MacPherson / Goodwin / Paisley Panda.

Edited by pozbaird