The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

What’s funny about that? Club loyalties aside, you think it’s ok to try to insult someone by calling them gay? This isn’t the 1980’s ffs. 

'I dislike your club, your stadium and most importantly, your supporters' :lol:

Is it sore? Do we keep you up at night? :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, ali_91 said:

You’re better than this. 

Please. Don't come the moral high ground on me. My laughter is directed solely at your constant ire over anything and everything related to St. Mirren FC for some unknown reason. 

I really couldn't care less about who says what about whom. Right or wrong, it's not my battle to fight. 

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

So homophobia is fine. Disgusting 

Yeah... That is EXACTLY what I said. :lol:

If that is what you want to take from this exchange, I can't stop you from feeling that. The faux outrage is fooling no-one though. 

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Slagging another team on a forum = ok.

Being a homophobic p***k = not ok.

I hope you sober up and regret these posts. 

Point out where I have been homophobic and should regret it. 

I'll wait. 

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Point out where I have been homophobic and should regret it. 

I'll wait. 

Ali is disgruntled because TWO St Mirren fans used "go back to your boyfriend" as an insult.

You're verging on Bennett levels of deflection here.

His problem here was homophobic comments, by two of your supporters, towards him. Dance around that all you want, but if you seriously see a problem with someone being upset by bigotry then quite frankly, you're a fucking scumbag.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

You’ve not, but you are condoning it. 

Shout out to @Gareth_Glasgow Alan G and @AberdeenBud amongst others, who see this an issue above club loyalties. 

'You've not' - correct. 

'But you are condoning it' - please show me where I'm am condoning, or indeed even commenting on what was said. Because I do not directly attack the person who made the comments doesn't equal condoning of comments. 

My comment was based exclusively on something you said a few days ago that showed you up as a bitter chap. You have taken offence to me laughing at this bitterness. 

So please, show my support for the comments made by another poster who wasn't me. I'll wait. 

Edited by djchapsticks

8 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

His problem here was homophobic comments, by two of your supporters, towards him. Dance around that all you want, but if you seriously see a problem with someone being upset by bigotry then quite frankly, you're a fucking scumbag.

It's incredible the amount of folk who'll defend a clearly homophobic person, purely because they support the same football team.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ali is disgruntled because TWO St Mirren fans used "go back to your boyfriend" as an insult.

You're verging on Bennett levels of deflection here.

With all due respect mate, you're talking bollocks.

Ali has actively called me a 'homophobic p***k' who should 'sober up and regret his posts' because I've slagged him off over his self-confessed irrational hatred of all things St. Mirren. 

Ali owes me an apology, if anything. He's summarily found me guilty by association.

Association of something I 100% did not associate myself with, I hasten to add. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Ali has actively called me a 'homophobic p***k' who should 'sober up and regret his posts' because I've slagged him off over his self-confessed irrational hatred of all things St. Mirren. 

Ali owes me an apology, if anything. He's summarily found me guilty by association.

Just apologise for being homophobic, for crying out loud. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You said you "dont care" what people call each other and said that him being annoyed after having homophobic comments directed at him was "faux outrage".

It certainly looked like you've sided yourself with those making the comments.