The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

It amazes me how easily my fellow St Mirren fans get themselves all hot and bothered over the slightest bit of news the don't like.

Stelios goes home for his brother's wedding the day after the  season finishes and still hasn't returned, folk on b&w army are greeting about it daily cos 1 guy says he's got offers in England and another says Thistle want him. Poor c***s on holiday,  let him enjoy it and see what he decides to do.

Dundee sack their manager and  our manager, the man (Brendon Rodgers apart) who had the most success towards the end of last seasons name is thrown into the mix and poor Stelios gets forgotten about and there is folk acting like school lassies arguing over the boy they want to lose their virginity to, Arguing with anybody who might happen to have a point about why it would be a good move for him. Settle the f**k down man,  if he goes he goes,  we move on and find someone we can bring in to finish what he's started (hopefully). 

If like Gordon Scott says 'thats the end of the matter' then good, if not it's not the end of the world. 

Change yer knickers, have a beer and shout 'f**k the morton' and things will seem a whole lot better instantly.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Remember when Saints' fans wanted Ross punted because he was no better than Alex Rae?

Going to be funny when he's shite again come the autumn.

If only you'd tried as hard as this at school.

Guest Flash
8 hours ago, BuddieInDundee said:

So Gordon Scott has told Dundee to GTF, surely if Jack makes it clear he wants to leave this means f**k all? Have Dundee even officially pulled out of negotiations?

Like I said before, I'd be surprised if Dundee were willing to really push the boat out on a relatively unproven manager anyway,

This.

Surely if Ross has made it clear that he wants to stay, St.Mirren wouldn't need to refuse Dundee permission to speak to him?

51 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

It amazes me how easily my fellow St Mirren fans get themselves all hot and bothered over the slightest bit of news the don't like.

Stelios goes home for his brother's wedding the day after the  season finishes and still hasn't returned, folk on b&w army are greeting about it daily cos 1 guy says he's got offers in England and another says Thistle want him. Poor c***s on holiday,  let him enjoy it and see what he decides to do.

Dundee sack their manager and  our manager, the man (Brendon Rodgers apart) who had the most success towards the end of last seasons name is thrown into the mix and poor Stelios gets forgotten about and there is folk acting like school lassies arguing over the boy they want to lose their virginity to, Arguing with anybody who might happen to have a point about why it would be a good move for him. Settle the f**k down man,  if he goes he goes,  we move on and find someone we can bring in to finish what he's started (hopefully). 

If like Gordon Scott says 'thats the end of the matter' then good, if not it's not the end of the world. 

Change yer knickers, have a beer and shout 'f**k the morton' and things will seem a whole lot better instantly.

Far too rational for a St Mirren fan. 

You're supposed to be sifting through our accounts and telling us Ross won't go to Dens because the Derry doesn't have a sit down toilet.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Remember when Saints' fans wanted Ross punted because he was no better than Alex Rae?

Going to be funny when he's shite again come the autumn.

There's always a minority of morons, and I'm sure you know at least one of the individuals I'm referring to. I can confirm that the majority were more than willing to give him time.

;)

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Normally these are followed a few days later with:

St Mirren had no wish to lose Jack Ross as a manager and have made every effort to keep him at the club but as Jack has made it clear  to us that he wants to speak to Dundee we have reluctantly allowed Dundee to contact  him.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Normally these are followed a few days later with:
St Mirren had no wish to lose Jack Ross as a manager and have made every effort to keep him at the club but as Jack has made it clear  to us that he wants to speak to Dundee we have reluctantly allowed Dundee to contact  him.

Fully expect him to be gone by end of the week. That statement is a joke.

16 hours ago, virginton said:

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

(Finished 7th in the second tier with 39 points)

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

So he'd have as good a squad as one that finished 7th in the second tier, or money if the best players left and therefore a League One level squad. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

Utterly delusional nonsense. 

Trying to have a sensible conversation with a Morton fan is like trying to talk ethics to a 2 year old, pointless. So that squad with 10 new players in January that lost 2 games in 14 is only good enough to finish 7th? No impact from the previous players hangover?  only a delusional Morton fan would judge them over the whole season. Especially when they ended with 1 win in 12 in absolute freefall taking 700 fans to the biggest game they've had in a generation hahahahaha.