djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2020/21 Winning the best of the rest thread.

58 minutes ago, GAD said:

I'm really looking forward to RG..

I suppose when you spend long enough on this site you are likely to see every possible comment, even the craziest of claims.

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

I suppose when you spend long enough on this site you are likely to see every possible comment, even the craziest of claims.

I think it's the monkeys/typewriters thing.

10 hours ago, GAD said:

Hey Randomguy, if you don't mind could you tell me how Tony Andreu did against these numbers last season for St Mirren, as I have a strongly held belief that he was a lot more effective than he gets credit for, statistically at least.

Best I can do just now, due to our game, is compare him to players this season. This is this season...

2021-03-03_18-01-23.png.db6a9a16d26aed63060787b76e9f7a5a.png

Andreu last season was 2.91 xA, and 0.15 xA per90 which is just hit total divided by minutes essentially.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Best I can do just now, due to our game, is compare him to players this season. This is this season...

2021-03-03_18-01-23.png.db6a9a16d26aed63060787b76e9f7a5a.png

Andreu last season was 2.91 xA, and 0.15 xA per90 which is just hit total divided by minutes essentially.

Thanks RG, so I assume the higher the number the better? Also, do they not relate? Why would McGrath's xA be higher than McAllister's, but McAllister's xA per 90 be higher? Would it not be in proportion to one another?

Thanks RG, so I assume the higher the number the better? Also, do they not relate? Why would McGrath's xA be higher than McAllister's, but McAllister's xA per 90 be higher? Would it not be in proportion to one another?
I think this will be because McGrath tends to play a full 90 whilst McAllister has a lot of 60/30m appearances. So even though McGrath has created more chances in total, McAllister has created more per 90mins on the pitch.

37 minutes ago, GAD said:

The higher the number the better.

McGrath will have played more minutes than McAllister.

You divide their total minutes played into 90s to create that number (for example, a player who has played 180 minutes with a xA of 2, will have an xA per90 of 1).

It's to try and filter out players who just play a lot of minutes so rack up numbers. I prefer it but a lot of people prefer just looking at the overall number. Just personal preference.

For us to be pipped for the top 6 now we have to lose both of our next 2 games and either Saintees win both of their games or DU win both or get a win and a draw and make up 10 of a goal difference.

Yeah the only way either United or The Saintees catch us now is if they win both their games.
If they do we just need two points from our two games to guarantee us top six because our superior GD to United.
If either of them don’t win both their games we will finish top six regardless. Even if we lost both ours.

Livi have went from in superb form to terrible form very quickly. Now lost four of their last five and that fifth spot and Europe is well within our reach.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

0 points incoming.

That's awfy pessimistic - you's have just won the League Cup.  Have some optimism

Edited by dublin_bud

If we take 1 point and St Johnstone take 6 then it would go to goal difference. At the minute we're on -5 and St Johnstone -8. So not insurmountable for them. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've got top 6, we've left it too late to make our charge IMO. 

How did the big yin play tonight ? Told me today he’s knackered.

Just now, glenburn bud said:

How did the big yin play tonight ? Told me today he’s knackered.

Came off injured just after half time.

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

If we take 1 point and St Johnstone take 6 then it would go to goal difference. At the minute we're on -5 and St Johnstone -8. So not insurmountable for them. 

Yep. If they win 2 and we lose 1 then we are, at best, level on GD and almost certainly they will have scored more. Shame they got the late equaliser as we may need to win the last game at Hamilton, but it is entirely in our own hands now even if, as expected, we lose on Saturday.