The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Yes, I'm the one who's raging...

Your club's actions were a disgrace. Im struggling to see how anyone can argue against that, or look for weird conspiracy theories. 

P.s Santa's no real, pal.

That's an understatement!

Just now, Desp said:

Evidently..

Just now, Desp said:

Your club's actions were a disgrace.

Just now, Desp said:

Oh, now, not sure about that.. he's just given Motherwell 3 points they weren't going to get.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Oh, now, not sure about that.. he's just given Motherwell 3 points they weren't going to get.

You have seen St Mirren this season, aye? :lol:

Get doon! 

Fucking hell, what a couple of days to be a Saints fan. 

I'm very surprised at the game forfeiting as I felt that would be a step too far, but if we have breached, and it seems we have, then there was probably no other way around it.

Absolute scenes if we have failed to pay tax, too. 

Assuming we don't get hit with any mad points deduction, I think this could actually help our form for the rest of this season, if Jim manages to position us as being embattled, gets a proper us vs the world mentality going on. It's what Ferguson or Mourinho would do, no doubt.

14 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Aberdeen,  Celtic and Rangers players that broke the rules are all representing their clubs. 

Fuking witch hunt and obviously picking on the smaller sized clubs.

Rangers didn’t cause any matches to be postponed. Could have, but ultimately didn’t. 

It's a complete win for Motherwell and Hamilton here and a sore one for us. It wouldn't have been as sore if it was against Rangers etc.

That said probably a better result than a points deduction. Annoying that it happened, but there you go. TBH we probably admitted it to get a softer punishment, we'd have been better in hindsight to hush it up and say prove it. 🤣

Serious questions to be asked at the running of the club recently.

Edited by flyingscot

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Get doon! 

Absolutely raging! :lol:

Aside from that I hope we don't bother appealing. It's been a shit show start to the season and we've only now just steadied the ship, I think it's best just to take it on the chin, point out what our punishment was when other clubs fall foul of similar and move on.

Your club's actions were a disgrace. Im struggling to see how anyone can argue against that, or look for weird conspiracy theories. 
I suspect the only difference between the way Saints, Killie and Motherwell or Hamilton have been dealing with the issues is the former pair got caught. Message sent now so everyone will be toeing the line. I'd be surprised if the other clubs had been doing much different it's just we were the unlucky ones whose actions resulted in positive cases and hence postponements

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

It's a complete win for Motherwell and Hamilton here and a sore one for us. It wouldn't have been as sore if it was against Rangers etc.

That said probably a better result than a points deduction. Annoying that it happened, but there you go. TBH we probably admitted it to get a softer punishment, we'd have been better in hindsight to hush it up and say prove it. 🤣

Serious questions to be asked at the running of the club recently.

Absolutely, it's nowhere near as bad as a points deduction. It's good for Hamilton and Motherwell, and I suppose we've lost what could be seen as an easy home game, but even without the Covid we were absolutely fucked with injuries at the time and I doubt the outcomes would have been too much different. Time to get on with it and start with a decent result on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fucking hell, what a couple of days to be a Saints fan.

Days? :rolleyes:

I said a while back that unrest at the manager, games being called off due to covid, the Magennis affair, the poor form and players picking up silly red cards were all the hallmarks of a relegation season. When you look back at the seasons we went down, it was never one thing, more a collection of little things combined.

That said, in previous years we were hoping for someone to suddenly turn it on, whereas this season the team Goodwin has at his disposal should be enough to see us clear.

5 minutes ago, Desp said:

You're a strange fella, Ric. 

"Let's not appeal that thing we plead guilty too" :lol: :lol:

It would be churlish of me to point out we'd be appealing the punishment, not the conviction (as it were). If we did, that is, which as I said I don't think would be to our benefit.

Edited by Ric

Shouldve just sent a couple of players to the pub/Spain tbh.

Give yourselves a wee rest and postpone the games until you've got some injured players back.