The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Delighted with these two signings if for no other reason, it now provides genuine width and pace on the flanks. So many of our issues this season have come from playing so compact and teams bossing us in the middle of the park.

Getting balls wide to guys like Dreyer, Muzek and McAllister will relieve a lot of pressure and offer a LOT more options going forward. 

Just need that elusive striker. I'm not even sure of Sammon any more. We're fucking throwing in guys from all over the world! :lol: 

Edited by djchapsticks

I really hope that Erhahon isn't thrown aside as a result of this signing.

Based on what I've seen of the young lad I think he deserves to be given a chance to establish himself in midfield.

It would be  waste of talent if he is dumped back into the stiffs.

We need a defensive midfielder (especially as it seems Hodson is fucked) so I'm all for playing Ethan in the midfield.

Considering he's 17 and has played out of position all season, he's done amazingly well.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I really hope that Erhahon isn't thrown aside as a result of this signing.

Based on what I've seen of the young lad I think he deserves to be given a chance to establish himself in midfield.

It would be  waste of talent if he is dumped back into the stiffs.

Kearney mentioned that he's not ready for midfield yet but that's where he sees him in middle to long term.

Fact of the matter is that he's the best pure defensive midfielder at the club (by proxy of being the only one) and is massively rated by everyone who has coached him both at youth and senior level.

Only a matter of time before he's a mainstay.

Looking forward to Magennis returning as well. Will really add another dimension to the side.

Edited by djchapsticks

Kearney mentioned that he's not ready for midfield yet but that's where he sees him in middle to long term.
Fact of the matter is that he's the best pure defensive midfielder at the club (by proxy of being the only one) and is massively rated by everyone who has coached him both at youth and senior level.
Only a matter of time before he's a mainstay.
Looking forward to Magennis returning as well. Will really add another dimension to the side.
I'm guessing Lyons is pretty versatile so could play out wide or through the middle, whether that's as an attacking or more defensive midfielder (pretty sure OK said he can play in front of the defence).

Id go with Ethan though. Again considering what I said above about playing out of position, he's fearless.

1 minute ago, jm1 said:

I'm guessing Lyons is pretty versatile so could play out wide or through the middle, whether that's as an attacking or more defensive midfielder (pretty sure OK said he can play in front of the defence).

Id go with Ethan though. Again considering what I said above about playing out of position, he's fearless.

Lyons never got much of a chance to show what he could do at Parkhead but he definitely looked like a bit of a creative spark in his first game (well, 22 mins) :lol: 

We just really need a centre forward or two now and we're a lot healthier looking.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Lyons never got much of a chance to show what he could do at Parkhead but he definitely looked like a bit of a creative spark in his first game (well, 22 mins) :lol: 

We just really need a centre forward or two now and we're a lot healthier looking.

Yep: striker, winger, left back were the absolute essentials. I'm far from relaxed - this is St Mirren - but it's looking healthier.

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You could do worse than move for David McMillan

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Funnily enough, I actually thought that today when I saw St. Johnstone were letting him leave.

He's always looked decent whenever I've seen him.

Hes certainly capable at this level. Just unfortunate that Tomas Cerny tried to break him in half on his debut and put him out for the season and hes never really had a run as the first choice forward, MacLean and now Watt both more complete strikers.

Only reason we're letting him go is to "balance the books".

Edited by RandomGuy.

We have a decent record of signing unknown foreign left backs that have done ok for us, Traveneir, Tesselar and Miranda.

New winger has a decent record too.

Good day all round for us. Now if we can find someone who'll blag 6-7 goals for us between now and the end of the season...

20 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We have a decent record of signing unknown foreign left backs that have done ok for us, Traveneir, Tesselar and Miranda.

Good day all round for us. Now if we can find someone who'll blag 6-7 goals for us between now and the end of the season...

buy David McMillan from the Real Saints.

24 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Forgetting Stelios