The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Scougall is nowhere near a hopeless jobber Kyle as you well know, he'd improve any of the bottom six. Overpaid? Debatable. 

This would've been a much better pitching strategy right enough.

He's not hopeless and isn't overpaid. Come and get him lads!

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:20, glenburn bud said:

What players would that be ? The ones who hauled us back from the bottom of the championship and a miraculous relegation escape, or the players that romped to the championship title last season. 

Jack Ross gave me 2 of the best years supporting the club.

Cammy Smith, Ian McShane, Adam Eckersely, Jordan Kirkpatrick

The rest of your post is irrelevant!

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Fitzy, for all he's a wonderful guy who loves the club, is not Brian Caldwell and another Brian Caldwell type was what we needed when he left. Caldwell sold this club to guys like Gary Teale, Stevie Thompson

Caldwell and Teale were friends from Caldwell's days at Ayr. Steven Thompson would have come back to St. Mirren regardless, Caldwell wasn't the reason! :lol:

This is exactly why the January transfer window is a nightmare. We are low down on the chain, i reckon County and United will be able to offer roughly the same as us maybe a bit less.

It's hard to get duds off the wage bill but its even harder to get good signings in.

We just need to wait and see what happens above us in the chain, and see if we can get a gem. Problem is we need about 6.

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

This is exactly why the January transfer window is a nightmare. We are low down on the chain, i reckon County and United will be able to offer roughly the same as us maybe a bit less.

It's hard to get duds off the wage bill but its even harder to get good signings in.

We just need to wait and see what happens above us in the chain, and see if we can get a gem. Problem is we need about 6.

We don't need 6. A left back, winger and striker is the best we can expect. We still have Ferdinand to come into the team from the other night, and Magennis when he recovers from injury. Jackson was also on the bench at Parkhead. When you consider all that, i think the side that will take to the field in February should be much different.

16 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

No signings today according to the man with all the insider info.

We’ll be lucky to have 13 fit players on Sunday at this rate.

I know we dont want to sign just anyone but this is bad management given the squad is threadbare and lacks quality.  Another game looming where we need points and the side is not equiped to deliver. 

50 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

No signings today according to the man with all the insider info.

We’ll be lucky to have 13 fit players on Sunday at this rate.

Just been told good chance of something happening today now, no idea who or how many but it sounded positive.

I know it’s from the ‘stating the bleeding obvious’ school, but...

Our last two January windows have been excellent.

But this one has shown just how much harder it is to make a signing that can make a difference against the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen than it is against Morton, Ayr, QoS.

As we get closer to the 31st I can see us making a few ‘Hail Mary’ signings - and then we just need to sit back and pray.

We don't need 6. A left back, winger and striker is the best we can expect. We still have Ferdinand to come into the team from the other night, and Magennis when he recovers from injury. Jackson was also on the bench at Parkhead. When you consider all that, i think the side that will take to the field in February should be much different.
Could be argued we need 11 [emoji23].

We won't get 6. Depends what happens with Hodgson.

Left back, winger, striker, assuming a right back too considering one fell through last week.