The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Have Queens still got a plastic pitch?

Yeah but he's played on it plenty of times - scored the winner just before Christmas. Don't think it's as big a problem for him as Davis.

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/1972-bolton-game-cancelled

Friendly cancelled tomorrow as Bolton go on strike over unpaid wages.
And yet they call our league 'tinpot' and 'Sunday league'. [emoji38] 
I'm not sure it'll get the fans onside to announce the strike the day before an away match where fans will have bought travel and potentially accommodation. It's not looking good for Bolton anyway, will probably deter a few potential signings.

There are more than just four who have been told to look for another club.
This is a savage re-structuring of the squad.

Do you think he’s come to the conclusion after la manga that the players just aren’t good enough? Or do you think he’s trying to break up Ross’s players? It couldn’t have been an easy changing room to take over considering how much the players (I assume) liked and respected Ross

41 minutes ago, geo87 said:

It couldn’t have been an easy changing room to take over considering how much the players (I assume) liked and respected Ross

I understand the point you are making but you'd expect that to be much less of an issue considering it was Ross' decision to leave rather than he was forced out.

In regard to Stubbs, I see where he's coming from. If we are all being honest there are players we'd like to keep that aren't likely to do that well in the top division. If he thinks he can guide us beyond the relegation fight then I'm happy to see where this goes even if it means an almost complete turn over of the squad.

John McGinn moving on today or Monday. Seen quoted that it's £2.5m up front with additional performance based clauses raising it to £5m.

We are definitely due the same cut of those performance based clauses as we are for the upfront cash so it's a fantastic deal for us which could potentially get even better if and when he is a success at Celtic.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

John McGinn moving on today or Monday. Seen quoted that it's £2.5m up front with additional performance based clauses raising it to £5m.

We are definitely due the same cut of those performance based clauses as we are for the upfront cash so it's a fantastic deal for us which could potentially get even better if and when he is a success at Celtic.

I'm not sure you get any of the clauses, these deals are usually based on the initial fee and the initial fee only. 

So you'll get 30% of the profit, and that's it. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

On 01/07/2018 at 16:31, Buddist Monk said:

If I had to guess, I'd expect it to be the low end of £2m with Allan on top, so say... £2.3m with some extra bits added on for performance?

^_^

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not sure you get any of the clauses, these deals are usually based on the initial fee and the initial fee only. 

I'm sure that performance and appearance based clauses are included. If they weren't, there'd be nothing stopping Celtic offering nothing upfront but £2.5m to Hibs upon the first appearance and therefore cutting us out completely.

Even if it's the case that we don't get any clause related extras, though, it's still £800k upfront which is cracking turn for us.

There is not a chance in hell that we could have sold McGinn for £800k if he had chosen to stay with us. While it was disappointing to lose one of our best players in a generation for next to nothing the sell on clause has really worked wonders for us in this instance.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why are you guessing about contractual clauses, when you have no idea of the details. 

Edited by glenburn bud

Absolute pish. Hibs got additional fees out of Fletchers performance clauses after Burnley punted him.

15 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolute pish. Hibs got additional fees out of Fletchers performance clauses after Burnley punted him.

Any proof of that? I was told about the May deal, and clauses don't carry when the player moves on afterwards. We had clauses about him reaching a certain amount of caps, we won't receive anything from Sheffield Wednesday if he receives caps while at Aberdeen. 

Any proof of that? I was told about the May deal, and clauses don't carry when the player moves on afterwards. We had clauses about him reaching a certain amount of caps, we won't receive anything from Sheffield Wednesday if he receives caps while at Aberdeen. 

Of course they don't. Where did I say they did? But the fee Hibs get for Mcginn St Mirren are due their percentage of.

The clauses don't continue on, but the fees for the new clauses for the current transfer are paid to the team with the percentage.

37 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Of course they don't. Where did I say they did? But the fee Hibs get for Mcginn St Mirren are due their percentage of.

The clauses don't continue on, but the fees for the new clauses for the current transfer are paid to the team with the percentage.

Yes, St Mirren get their 33% of the profit, of the initial fee. 

They don't get any money for the clauses they'd agreed with Hibs that are unpaid, nor do they get anything from the clauses Hibs have agreed with Celtic. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, St Mirren get their 33% of the profit, of the initial fee. 

They don't get any money for the clauses they'd agreed with Hibs that are unpaid, nor do they get anything from the clauses Hibs have agreed with Celtic. 

If St Mirren had a caps clause with Hibs then that dies when McGinn moves but that isn’t what is being discussed, it’s the total value of the actual transfer fee between Hibs and Celtic that is shared and that includes all future monies related to that transaction. 

In your example if SW continued to earn from the sale to Aberdeen and if you had a sell on clause then every time they got a payment you would get a percentage.

8 minutes ago, Torfason said:

If St Mirren had a caps clause with Hibs then that dies when McGinn moves but that isn’t what is being discussed, it’s the total value of the actual transfer fee between Hibs and Celtic that is shared and that includes all future monies related to that transaction. 

So if the deals £3.5m, and the clauses that take it up to £5m are all related to international caps/goals, the percentage will be worked off £3.5m, yes? 

So if the deals £3.5m, and the clauses that take it up to £5m are all related to international caps/goals, the percentage will be worked off £3.5m, yes? 
I suggest you put your spade aside. Unless of course you were in the room when the details of the contract were agreed. [emoji4]

nor do they get anything from the clauses Hibs have agreed with Celtic. 

Yes they do. Of course they do, why on earth wouldn't they? Its already been pointed out that if they didn't Hibs and Celtic could utterly screw St Mirren over by saying that the initial fee was 120k and then 2.4m after one appearance.