The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

21 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Just for any St Mirren stattos out there, the lad Jim Kellerman from Aldershot has a commonly given DOB of 10/11/97 online, I've seen that on the stmirren.info fansite too. However he was a 1st Year Pro (what they call down there a Scholar) at Wolves in 2011-12...

I've given you a green dot not because I am concerned about his DoB, but because it looks like you put a bit of effort into that.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jack Ross was an absolute fanny for joining them. 

Yeah, he's going to be gutted earning so much money and having the opportunity to manage such a large club. ;)

He was even on the radio the other day saying he doesn't care what budget he has, and that part of the challenge is to get the best out of what is currently there. Obviously I would have preferred him to stay with us, and there is clearly a financial hangover from dropping 2 divisions, but I'd not go so far as to suggest he's an absolute fanny for joining them.

6 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Yeah, he's going to be gutted earning so much money and having the opportunity to manage such a large club. ;)

He was even on the radio the other day saying he doesn't care what budget he has, and that part of the challenge is to get the best out of what is currently there. Obviously I would have preferred him to stay with us, and there is clearly a financial hangover from dropping 2 divisions, but I'd not go so far as to suggest he's an absolute fanny for joining them.

Aye fanny was maybe harsh. Still think Sunderland have been hyped up to being beyond what they are, there's clubs just as big mulling about the division above bottom half. 

Feel like Ross could've done better, and that off field issues will severely hamper his time there. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Aye fanny was maybe harsh. Still think Sunderland have been hyped up to being beyond what they are, there's clubs just as big mulling about the division above bottom half. 

Feel like Ross could've done better, and that off field issues will severely hamper his time there. 

I said at the time that it all depends on whether Sunderland have bottomed out or if there is another crash waiting for them. If it's the former then it could turn out to be a very shrewd bit of business, as their potential is easily top half of the English Premiership (not saying that's where Ross will get them). If however they turn out like Blackburn who literally couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot time after time for about 3 years solid, then he'll be struggling to get them back into the Championship.

Either way, and without a single penny of investment, that squad is easily capable of winning League One.

50 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Squad photo on BAWA taken at Glasgow airport this morning can't see Stokes in it maybe not standing with the group. 

Stokes is going to La Manga definitely.

Neither of the McGinn's can be seen in the photo either.

There's a ton of pictures here: http://www.snsgroup.co.uk/25-06-18-st-mirren-depart-fo-la-manga 

Pretty much everyone in the squad is pictured but there doesn't seem to be any sign of Stokes. It's not as if it's a secret he's been speaking to us either.

Anyway, here's a fun game of guess the trialist (not Ian McShane).

25-06-18-glasgow-airport-glasgow-st-1515

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Hi.

Stelious Demetriou's name has come up in dispatches on the County thread.  Our other left back is, [sad face pizza emoji] Sean Kelly.

Discuss please.

Thanks.  Have a nice season. Bye.

Limited defensive abilities but good going forward.

Can be temperamental. Bit of a cult figure with the Saints fans.

27 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think County will be playing a back three this season.  Seems to fit the wing back role in a team set out to dominate possession, would you say?

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

This.

Will be a very good acquisition for County if they’re playing with wing backs. 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

There's a ton of pictures here: http://www.snsgroup.co.uk/25-06-18-st-mirren-depart-fo-la-manga 

Pretty much everyone in the squad is pictured but there doesn't seem to be any sign of Stokes. It's not as if it's a secret he's been speaking to us either.

Anyway, here's a fun game of guess the trialist (not Ian McShane).

25-06-18-glasgow-airport-glasgow-st-1515

Looks like Mario Bilate