The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 26/03/2021 at 12:21, Stu said:

Goodwin cited by the SFA for being rude to the ref on Saturday.

Should have been cited for his substitutions.

I wouldn't be against all 6, mentioned in that daily record, staying on for next season. At a minimum I would hope Durmus & Fraser would stay & they should be the priority. I would also very much like Obika to stay, I think he is a decent option up front and again this season has scored a fair few goals. I guess we just need to hope Durmus applied for the right to remain having been living here prior to Brexit date. Doyle-Hayes is a quality player but not one I'd throw everything at to make him stay, he's had an extension 3 months now if he was going to sign on he'd have done so by now. I think we can count him as gone. I would give Connolly another year. 

A contract deal has been on the table for three weeks for Fraser and Hay's. Hay's i would expect to go back down South. Fraser is the one I would like to sign he has been outstanding.  Would imagine his agent is touting him around to see whats available.  

A contract deal has been on the table for three weeks for Fraser and Hay's. Hay's i would expect to go back down South. Fraser is the one I would like to sign he has been outstanding.  Would imagine his agent is touting him around to see whats available.  
Expecting Jack Ross to snake us on a couple of players tbh [emoji849].

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Doyle-Hayes contract offer was a couple of months ago.

The most recently reported offers were to Fraser and McGrath.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Doyle-Hayes contract offer was a couple of months ago.

The most recently reported offers were to Fraser and McGrath.

I would withdraw the JDH offer now and look at other options. Players come and go and I am only interested in those who want to play for us.  Jake has dipped badly in form imo and we can do better.  

27 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I would withdraw the JDH offer now and look at other options. Players come and go and I am only interested in those who want to play for us.  Jake has dipped badly in form imo and we can do better.  

Have to agree, if he doesn't want to play for us. With the wage cap in England being scrapped, the likes of Cheltenham Town will be able to outbid us comfortably. He seemed to be a bit of a hero down there. His agent wouldn't be doing his job properly if he wasn't trying to get the best deal possible for him.

It will be hard to replace him, as he is a class player, even if his form has dipped. Although, to be fair, the entire team's form has dipped.

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

It will be hard to replace him, as he is a class player, even if his form has dipped. Although, to be fair, the entire team's form has dipped.

Thought we just looked physically and mentally exhausted against Accies, and arguably for most of Feb. Simple balls not finding their man, sloppy decision-making, lack of movement.

Lots of pressure on the cup game for me, now. A significant improvement is essential. Don't think Accies will be standing aside here: a win could spark their survival bid into life.

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Was going to say Quaner is this season's Chabbi but he has won us a penalty and started a game which is far more than his predecessor managed.

I’m worried he’s going to be the Chris Wreh of this generation.

8 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Goodwin at the Pars and Raith game tonight. Wonder who he was watching?

Raith look a good team entertaining stuff. The Raith midfielder Hendry was very good played just in front of the defence but was very good at going forward . 

9 hours ago, AW saint said:

Goodwin at the Pars and Raith game tonight. Wonder who he was watching?

Potential playoff opponents.

Kidding, obvs, but it does look like Raith maybe have the potential to at least make the playoff a decent contest over two games.