The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 hours ago, killiemilan said:

I do know people who work at Kibble and say exactly the same as I have just said.

I trust you have solid evidence to support your accusations of fraud? If so I suggest you contact the police immediately, if not perhaps it’s a good idea to think before you post unsubstantiated claims on a public forum. 😄
Embarrassed Breaking Bad GIF

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

If you don't get the answer here ask (  Cairters Corner ) on twitter I'm sure he can help you. 

Got the answer on Infowire. For anyone that's interested it was because of Third Lanark's new stand getting constructed, all their home League Cup sectional ties and their first home league game were played at Hampden.

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

I trust you have solid evidence to support your accusations of fraud? If so I suggest you contact the police immediately, if not perhaps it’s a good idea to think before you post unsubstantiated claims on a public forum. 😄

Was it not you who posted on here about your friend committing fraud with Paul Gascoigne or have I mixed that up?

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Was it not you who posted on here about your friend committing fraud with Paul Gascoigne or have I mixed that up?

She charged him more for curtains than she would have charged someone else because his ego needed them to be expensive to satisfy his definition of quality.

If over charging is fraud then the mini bar in hotel rooms would be illegal 😂

Edited by Torfason

16 hours ago, Torfason said:

😂

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just reading the Third Lanark v Kilmarnock programme for 2nd January 1963........

If only more posts started in a similar vein. I have a picture in my mind of you discovering it in the inside pocket of a tweed jacket that was lurking at the back of a wardrobe.

2 minutes ago, AllyM said:

If only more posts started in a similar vein. I have a picture in my mind of you discovering it in the inside pocket of a tweed jacket that was lurking at the back of a wardrobe.

:lol: No, it had just arrived through the post! Although your scenario is not without substance...

9 hours ago, Torfason said:

She charged him more for curtains than she would have charged someone else because his ego needed them to be expensive to satisfy his definition of quality.

If over charging is fraud then the mini bar in hotel rooms would be illegal 😂

Think you said she charged him 4x the normal price. Just the same as the people who chap the door of vulnerable people and overcharge them for gardening work and things of that nature.

8 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Think you said she charged him 4x the normal price. Just the same as the people who chap the door of vulnerable people and overcharge them for gardening work and things of that nature.

Comparing a multi millionaire footballer at the peak of his career (as he was at the time) to a vulnerable member of society is beyond the pale.

On 05/05/2021 at 15:42, Jacksgranda said:

Just reading the Third Lanark v Kilmarnock programme for 2nd January 1963, and there's this wee snippet - " Matt (Gray) has been absent from the first X1 on only two occassions. He missed the opening League Cup tie with St Mirren which was played at Hampden,..."

Can any Saints historian shed any light on this?

No mention of Hampden on the programme cover.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1962&GameID=196208110

7 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Marcus Fraser sign on till 2023 great news. 

Pleased with this- he's been one of our most consistent players this season. 

Hopefully more to follow. 

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Happy with that on Fraser. He did well this year. 

He was definitely a bit of a slow burner for me: didn't notice him too much at the start, but he really excelled in the 3-5-2. It was the one major positive of that formation, tbh.

Huge signing that, he’d be my POTY so far. I had convinced myself he’d sign for Hearts or something, delighted to have been wrong.