The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Pissed off about yesterday, probably more than I should be. Kinda sums up our season, we were tidy, organised, kept the ball relatively well, but just so much lack of cutting edge it’s unreal. Goodwin alludes to the strikers being at fault, and whilst not
Blameless the lack of service they get is shocking.

I really hope our season doesn’t fizzle out but I think this is what will happen as the bottom 3 will be scrapping for survival in their games against us. Difference between 7th and 9th will surely have quite a large impact on our budget for next season.

Pissed off about yesterday, probably more than I should be. Kinda sums up our season, we were tidy, organised, kept the ball relatively well, but just so much lack of cutting edge it’s unreal. Goodwin alludes to the strikers being at fault, and whilst not
Blameless the lack of service they get is shocking.

I really hope our season doesn’t fizzle out but I think this is what will happen as the bottom 3 will be scrapping for survival in their games against us. Difference between 7th and 9th will surely have quite a large impact on our budget for next season.

We just don't perform well for 90 minutes. We have rarely put in a really good 90 minute performance, probably Killie at home and United away. Maybe if the majority of our players did they'd be at much bigger clubs.

When we are at it we are a nightmare to play against. Also include our defence in this but sadly we have a mistake in us and it normally costs us.

The set piece against Livi at Hampden and away to Hamilton, which we both conceded from, defined our season, sadly.

21 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Don't see any games being played this Saturday so why is the SFA dragging their heels. Games should be moved to the Sunday. 

Both Inverness and Morton due to play on the Tuesday so Sunday may not be a possibility for all games. Especially for the Morton game which is scheduled for TV. 

I can see our being moved to either Friday with an earlyish KO or moved to later on Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Both Inverness and Morton due to play on the Tuesday so Sunday may not be a possibility for all games. Especially for the Morton game which is scheduled for TV. 

I can see our being moved to either Friday with an earlyish KO or moved to later on Saturday. 

That would make sense.  

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

That would make sense.  

What would make sense would be if we told them that we paid our respects last week and that this week we're getting on with it and playing games at the scheduled times.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

What would make sense would be if we told them that we paid our respects last week and that this week we're getting on with it and playing games at the scheduled times.

I'm not a royalist you just need to see our TV screens to know Saturday's games with a 3pm kick off will be cancelled.  

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's what he would have wanted. I'm only half joking.

42 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Ryan Flynn injury not as bad as first thought which is good if we go on a cup run. Doubt Flynn will be with the club next season given the number of injuries he has picked up in the later stages of his career.  

Yeah, have to agree. A more than decent player but unfortunately it looks like the injuries are catching up with him now.

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Ryan Flynn injury not as bad as first thought which is good if we go on a cup run. Doubt Flynn will be with the club next season given the number of injuries he has picked up in the later stages of his career.  

I think Flynn would be worth another year's deal. With a full preseason under his belt I reckon he'd be alright. 

I suppose it depends who else we're bringing in, but on his day he is a useful player to have. 

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

Yeah, have to agree. A more than decent player but unfortunately it looks like the injuries are catching up with him now.

I wonder if he put himself under too much pressure to get back playing, with his contract running out?

I think there should definitely be a place for him at Saints next season as he is one of the few ‘intelligent’ players we have, who can pick a pass.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

I wonder if he put himself under too much pressure to get back playing, with his contract running out?

I think there should definitely be a place for him at Saints next season as he is one of the few ‘intelligent’ players we have, who can pick a pass.

A fit Flynn would definitely be worth a new deal.

Goodwin saying players have had their heads turned and that we could lose 'five or six' from the squad. 😐

My money would be on JDH, obviously, and possibly Erhahon (he had that cryptic 'my time will come' tweet in January.) Probably safe to say Fraser will be away, too.

https://twitter.com/PLZSoccer/status/1382355466102009857

Edited by Coventry Saint

Goodwin saying players have had their heads turned and that we could lose 'five or six' from the squad. [emoji52]
My money would be on JDH, obviously, and possibly Erhahon (he had that cryptic 'my time will come' tweet in January.) Probably safe to say Fraser will be away, too.
Durmus too probably, deal elsewhere, and possibly Big Jon due to no contract offer would be my guesses. For all I like and rate Flynn I think Jim is ruthless enough to cut him loose due to age and fitness concerns. I'd happily keep all 3 I've mentioned.