The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Kidding, obvs, but it does look like Raith maybe have the potential to at least make the playoff a decent contest over two games.

I'm not sure the playoff will be totally one-sided and I expect the Championship sides to make a decent fist of it, but can't see past the Premiership teams this season. 

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

I'm not sure the playoff will be totally one-sided and I expect the Championship sides to make a decent fist of it, but can't see past the Premiership teams this season. 

TBH, I've been totally bored by all football that doesn't involve Saints this season. I've been fairly bored by most the football that does involve us too.

That said, I'm quite excited by the prospect of a couple of neutral, high-stakes games that I can just watch and not give a shit about the outcome beyond the point and laugh potential. I'm rooting for the Championship side to not get rolled over. That's about it. 

Edited by Coventry Saint

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

TBH, I've been totally bored by all football that doesn't involve Saints this season. I've been fairly bored by most the football that does involve us too.

That said, I'm quite excited by the prospect of a couple of neutral, high-stakes games that I can just watch and not give a shit about the outcome beyond the point and laugh potential. I'm rooting for the Championship side to not get rolled over. That's about it. 

Let's be honest, unless the championship team is someone like Hearts or Rangers or Falkirk then you are always rooting for them.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Let's be honest, unless the championship team is someone like Hearts or Rangers or Falkirk then you are always rooting for them.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Let's be honest, unless the championship team is someone like Falkirk then you are always rooting for them.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Unless the championship team is Falkirk.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Championship team ... Falkirk.

You've lost me.

11 hours ago, Torfason said:

I would imagine it was Regan Hendry, replacement for JDH?

Hendry was a stand out last night. Not the only one though Raith's brand of football is high standard.  If they make the play off spot I would not bet against them. Dunfermline had no idea how to stop them.                                                        Edit , Regan Hendry's contract is up this season. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

23 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I never thought the lack of crowds or the inability to go to games would have affected me as much as it has, but I'm at best ambivalent to football as a whole just now. Not sure if that will return. Sure, I still support St Mirren and want them to do well but I'm now at the point that I don't really care to watch the stream even if it's available.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

I never thought the lack of crowds or the inability to go to games would have affected me as much as it has, but I'm at best ambivalent to football as a whole just now. Not sure if that will return. Sure, I still support St Mirren and want them to do well but I'm now at the point that I don't really care to watch the stream even if it's available.

For me its the whole day out when attending football.  Even midweek games where a hotel has to be booked. Go for a nice meal, attend the game then go onto a bar with a band. Can't come back quick enough for me.                                                       I see Jim Gillespie has been made vice chairman no bad thing in my book. 

Obika involved in all three goals on Saturday, surprised he hasn’t been offered a contract yet. Hope someone else doesn’t nick him on a PCA.
Good draw in the cup. We won’t have to beat anyone above us in the league to reach the semi finals, which doesn’t happen often. We had to beat two teams above us to reach the league cup semi. Huge chance for us.

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

Obika involved in all three goals on Saturday, surprised he hasn’t been offered a contract yet. Hope someone else doesn’t nick him on a PCA.
Good draw in the cup. We won’t have to beat anyone above us in the league to reach the semi finals, which doesn’t happen often. We had to beat two teams above us to reach the league cup semi. Huge chance for us.

Actually I am ashamed that we haven't  already withdrawn from the Scottish cup and requested that Hamilton Accies should be awarded our spot in the next round. It's only fair since they were cheated by the SFA officials.