The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Can they not line your bin like?

If I done that you'd never know how many passes we make when the temperature is 12 degrees on a Friday, though.

For what littles it worth, I have your best midfield pairing being Doyle-Hayes and McGrath, or if you're wanting to be more defensive, JDH and Flynn. As a midfield 3 its the three mentioned.

MacPherson closest fit to Flynn, Erhahon a closer fit to Doyle-Hayes. No real match for McGrath.

JDHs best fit is a Deep Playmaker beside an aggressive ball winner to let him pick up the scraps, and a more attacking player. Second best fit is as a box to box player, worst fit is as a "10".

Honestly though, it feels like a worthless system that I've built the more I think about it, so I'll probably just scrap it all pretty soon.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

For what littles it worth, I have your best midfield pairing being Doyle-Hayes and McGrath, or if you're wanting to be more defensive, JDH and Flynn. As a midfield 3 its the three mentioned.

MacPherson closest fit to Flynn, Erhahon a closer fit to Doyle-Hayes. No real match for McGrath.

JDHs best fit is a Deep Playmaker beside an aggressive ball winner to let him pick up the scraps, and a more attacking player. Second best fit is as a box to box player, worst fit is as a "10".

Honestly though, it feels like a worthless system that I've built the more I think about it, so I'll probably just scrap it all pretty soon.

Your description of JDH makes sense. A three with him, McGrath and a Goodwin type midfielder would probably work well.

In a week that has not been the best for Hearts,  fair play to one of their fans on the "Hearts juggernaut" thread. They are taking solace from that fact that it was the performances of the goalkeeper they lent us, when our three were unable to play for three games, that "relegated' us to the bottom 6.

18 minutes ago, AllyM said:

In a week that has not been the best for Hearts,  fair play to one of their fans on the "Hearts juggernaut" thread. They are taking solace from that fact that it was the performances of the goalkeeper they lent us, when our three were unable to play for three games, that "relegated' us to the bottom 6.

Decent logic, to be fair. Much like them admitting that it was actually losing heavily to us earlier in the 85-86 season actually robbed them of their title that year.

21 minutes ago, AllyM said:

...fair play to one of their fans on the "Hearts juggernaut" thread.

Where is this juggernaut thread?

Oh, wait, right...

..well that's embarrassing for them.

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Decent logic, to be fair. Much like them admitting that it was actually losing heavily to us earlier in the 85-86 season actually robbed them of their title that year.

That was strange that the poster hated us because we scored heavily against them and for beating them in 87 semi, how dare we!

9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm a man who bears a grudge and if the situation was reversed I'd still be blaming Hertz...

What pisses me off is fans of the dead club who bring it up.

Edited by btb

Goodwin cited by the SFA for being rude to the ref on Saturday.

At least we’re not being accused of playing someone on a friendly we shouldn’t have been, unlike our pals down the road.

Lewis Jamieson scored a double for Clyde was that his debut, Danny Lennon is very impressed. Goodwillie and Jamieson link up well said Lennon.   Off topic, was up the mainland on Friday first time f.uck knows how long. Was amazed  was stuck in traffic in Paisley and Glasgow. Ii was like  lock down ended. Its not of course. Over on Bute the lock down is still being taken seriously.  I was just amazed.

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Lewis Jamieson scored a double for Clyde was that his debut, Danny Lennon is very impressed. Goodwillie and Jamieson link up well said Lennon.   Off topic, was up the mainland on Friday first time f.uck knows how long. Was amazed  was stuck in traffic in Paisley and Glasgow. Ii was like  lock down ended. Its not of course. Over on Bute the lock down is still being taken seriously.  I was just amazed.

A lot of that is down to the schools going back. 

12 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

What time was that at? I’ve been travelling between Paisley and Glasgow for work since well before the pandemic, and there isn’t anywhere close to the amount of cars on the road than there was pre-Covid. The M74 from Polmadie and onto the M8 at Kinning Park used to be like a car park at 5pm Monday to Friday, (the M74 was often cued back to the Junction 2 Cambuslang slip road) but every day since this time last year I’ve sailed through that bit of road without even stopping. The junction at Braehead and along towards Glasgow Airport used to always be at crawling pace, but again you can drive down that stretch of road every day without even touching the brakes. The only time there is any sort of congestion in these areas now is if there is an accident, but it’s certainly nothing to do with an increased amount of cars on the road, and nothing like the volume that used these roads prior to the first lockdown. 

Edited to say - If you were travelling through central Glasgow it’s possible you were stuck due to the road works around St George’s Cross and Charing Cross area, where a section of the M8 is shut off forcing you through Townhead/Cowcaddens. But again, nothing to do with the lockdown not being taken as seriously as it is on the Isle of Bute, like you seem to have insinuated. I’ve been on the Isle of Bute and the normal person/zoomer ratio is absolutely off the scale on that island when compared to Glasgow. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

What time was that at? I’ve been travelling between Paisley and Glasgow for work since well before the pandemic, and there isn’t anywhere close to the amount of cars on the road than there was pre-Covid. The M74 from Polmadie and onto the M8 at Kinning Park used to be like a car park at 5pm Monday to Friday, (the M74 was often cued back to the Junction 2 Cambuslang slip road) but every day since this time last year I’ve sailed through that bit of road without even stopping. The junction at Braehead and along towards Glasgow Airport used to always be at crawling pace, but again you can drive down that stretch of road every day without even touching the brakes. The only time there is any sort of congestion in these areas now is if there is an accident, but it’s certainly nothing to do with an increased amount of cars on the road, and nothing like the volume that used these roads prior to the first lockdown. 

Edited to say - If you were travelling through central Glasgow it’s possible you were stuck due to the road works around St George’s Cross and Charing Cross area, where a section of the M8 is shut off forcing you through Townhead/Cowcaddens. But again, nothing to do with the lockdown not being taken as seriously as it is on the Isle of Bute, like you seem to have insinuated. I’ve been on the Isle of Bute and the normal person/zoomer ratio is absolutely off the scale on that island when compared to Glasgow. 

Picked up my daughter in queens Park around 4. Then stopped at Linwood  as my daughter was needing something to eat. Its no big deal i was just surprised as FTOF wrote schools are back. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Picked up my daughter in queens Park around 4. Then stopped at Linwood  as my daughter was needing something to eat. Its no big deal i was just surprised as FTOF wrote schools are back. 

To be fair if you were able to compare it to what that stretch of road was like pre-Covid you would notice a big difference. I agree that the motorways are still moderately busy but nothing like they were 12 months ago.