The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Again we are difficult to beat. Won’t be many high scoring matches. Although we have lots of midfielders we are lacking someone who can play a killer pass or show a bit of quality in the final third. But then so do every other team outside of the bigots. Mid table obscurity will do me

I dont see us being top six this season. We have a decent back line which should keep us off bottom spot. Midfield is over run up until now. Forward line is relegation material unless the new players  make a difference . In short that's how I see it. 
Yep - totally agree. I'd take 10th place right now

1 minute ago, Scott-Replay said:

Hello folks,

Clyde have signed Josh Jack and Jay Henderson on loan. Any info about them that you would be willing to share would be smashing.

Both highly rated youngsters from our Academy. Promoted to first team squad this season however sending them out on loan should benefit all concerned. Think they will do you a good turn.

4 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Hello folks,

Clyde have signed Josh Jack and Jay Henderson on loan. Any info about them that you would be willing to share would be smashing.

Josh Jack is a winger and Henderson a very good attacking midfielder. Both should have goals in them. I would have thought they'd have been knocking on our first team door this season

11 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Josh Jack is a winger and Henderson a very good attacking midfielder. Both should have goals in them. I would have thought they'd have been knocking on our first team door this season

I like the idea that they're going to be working under Lennon. Without wishing to earn myself a place on the Yer Da thread, he does like to play a certain way, which I think will help these guys.

18 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I like the idea that they're going to be working under Lennon. Without wishing to earn myself a place on the Yer Da thread, he does like to play a certain way, which I think will help these guys.

Don't dissagree. I think Lennon has shown he's very good working with young players. But I did think Henderson in particular might have broken through this year.

7 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Don't dissagree. I think Lennon has shown he's very good working with young players. But I did think Henderson in particular might have broken through this year.

Goodwin said at the start of the season these young lads would get a run out in the Bet Fred cup. With Baird moving on and the young ones out on loan I think space is being made for one or two players. Rough diamonds from Southern Ireland as Goodwin describes them. 

55 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Goodwin said at the start of the season these young lads would get a run out in the Bet Fred cup. With Baird moving on and the young ones out on loan I think space is being made for one or two players. Rough diamonds from Southern Ireland as Goodwin describes them. 

It was @djchapsticks that rightly pointed out previously the issue with bringing those guys in in the summer; their contracts run till January so we'd be unlikely to be able to get them now without fees being involved. Of course, it might be the case that we're happy to try to risk it and wait a few months before expanding the squad.

Would be interested to know if LoI players can sign pre-contract agreements from now, if they're going to e be OOC at the end of December. Anyone know?

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

It was @djchapsticks that rightly pointed out previously the issue with bringing those guys in in the summer; their contracts run till January so we'd be unlikely to be able to get them now without fees being involved. Of course, it might be the case that we're happy to try to risk it and wait a few months before expanding the squad.

Would be interested to know if LoI players can sign pre-contract agreements from now, if they're going to e be OOC at the end of December. Anyone know?

They definitely can.

5 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Like the sound of Henderson. Does have a bit of physicality about him as well ?

One of the players we lost (Chris McStay) was a good physical presence in midfield, and I feel our other current options may leave us a bit light in there.

2 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Like the sound of Henderson. Does have a bit of physicality about him as well ?

One of the players we lost (Chris McStay) was a good physical presence in midfield, and I feel our other current options may leave us a bit light in there.

No not physical but not afraid either