The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Wheres the best place to park around St Mirrens ground?

This'll be my first visit to the new ground. Last away day to Paisley was the cup game at Love Street. The stand gave me vertigo.

This'll be my first visit to the new ground. Last away day to Paisley was the cup game at Love Street. The stand gave me vertigo.
Plenty of on street parking round the ground if you there about half hour before kick off.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's rough, man. Usually the worst you suffer following St Johnstone is loneliness.

On 13/10/2019 at 15:19, RandomGuy. said:

Well you wont need to worry about getting vertigo on Saturday  :lol:   And as the ground is nearly 11 years old, it is hardly new  :rolleyes:

On 14/10/2019 at 18:12, RandomGuy. said:

Well, that's made me feel old as shit :lol:

Right accross from the main stand is a wee industrial estate.  If it's full at the front turn right at the gate and follow the road round to the back where there will be lots of parking spaces. At the gate sits a trailer buddie good food sells decent snack nosh. 

On 14/10/2019 at 18:12, RandomGuy. said:

Well, that's made me feel old as shit :lol:

Right accross from the main stand is a wee industrial estate.  If it's full at the front turn right at the gate and follow the road round to the back where there will be lots of parking spaces. At the gate sits a trailer buddie good food sells decent snack nosh. 

On 13/10/2019 at 15:19, RandomGuy. said:

At the same end as the away stand is a long straight road that you can park on. 2 min walk to ground.  

But then Maureens on here saying we're not in the normal away stand so 4 mins walk.

Not sure if that makes it easier to get your nosh from the boy in the trailer though..

At the same end as the away stand is a long straight road that you can park on. 2 min walk to ground.  
But then Maureens on here saying we're not in the normal away stand so 4 mins walk.
Not sure if that makes it easier to get your nosh from the boy in the trailer though..

You’ll be in the north stand behind the goal. McFarlane St is a good spot to park, less than 10 minutes walk to the ground and it’s situated so you can get a quick getaway on to the motorway after the match.

6 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Well that's your win today guaranteed :lol:

Looking for opinions,  we Airdrie have a certain Ian Murray as Our Manager,  he has produced probably the most expensive, most defensive minded, dull, and shot shy team in living memory,  he had a short tenure at yourselves a few years back,  what was he like at saints or basically exactly what I have described with us...   In fairness you do not seemed to have looked back since you binned him......

Just now, Passionate said:

Looking for opinions,  we Airdrie have a certain Ian Murray as Our Manager,  he has produced probably the most expensive, most defensive minded, dull, and shot shy team in living memory,  he had a short tenure at yourselves a few years back,  what was he like at saints or basically exactly what I have described with us...   In fairness you do not seemed to have looked back since you binned him......

Murray wasn't great at all. His team seemed to offer no dig and he added some of the worst players I've seen at St. Mirren in the last few years in the shape of Luke Conlan, Cameron Howieson and Stuart Carswell.

Our midfield was consistently over-run and we won something like 2 league games in 16 under him with a team consisting of Jamie Langfield, Andy Webster, Lawrence Shankland, Stevie Mallan, Jason Naismith, Jim Goodwin, Lewis Morgan and Keith Watson.

So aye, not very good.