The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

20 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Could be a good deal all round. I like Greg a lot but it looks like his days are numbered with us.

I thought Tansey might have been mutually consented this week going by his twitter ramblings. If we can use him in a swap deal for a striker, then I’ll be happy.  Sam Foley coming in means we have another option in an already busy central midfield area.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Jordan White would be an upgrade on your current forwards but I'd doubt he was good enough for a side playing in the Premiership. He's scored three league goals since January and that's if you include the play-offs.

If you did somehow manage to get Safranko AND White then I think that would be a good partnership.

What type of player is White - bustling target man? Penalty box striker? Good in the air?

3 minutes ago, Drooper said:

What type of player is White - bustling target man? Penalty box striker? Good in the air?

Target man. I thought he looked decent against Dundee Utd in the playoffs and I saw him against Ross County I think in one of ICT's televised games.

Put himself about and looked a handful. 

2 hours ago, Drooper said:

When he was with us he split opinion massively, he was never a target man and can't jump for f**k all. Pretty much was a poacher that could somewhat finish.

From what I'd heard we looked into bringing him back but felt that he wasn't a patch on Hardie/Miller

36 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

When he was with us he split opinion massively, he was never a target man and can't jump for f**k all. Pretty much was a poacher that could somewhat finish.

From what I'd heard we looked into bringing him back but felt that he wasn't a patch on Hardie/Miller

Cheers. So clearly difficult to categorise. That can be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

4 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I thought Tansey might have been mutually consented this week going by his twitter ramblings. If we can use him in a swap deal for a striker, then I’ll be happy.  Sam Foley coming in means we have another option in an already busy central midfield area.

Hearing S,McGinn is going for a Scan could be out for  a while. Seeing the dip in performance  last season from our Captain I said for a while he was carrying an injury.  Anyone who appreciates his talents could see he was carrying an injury so why so long to deal with it which could cause a bigger injury.  

11 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Hearing S,McGinn is going for a Scan could be out for  a while. Seeing the dip in performance  last season from our Captain I said for a while he was carrying an injury.  Anyone who appreciates his talents could see he was carrying an injury so why so long to deal with it which could cause a bigger injury.  

The player himself played through it for reasons of him being a selfless type who wanted to help the team, and the manager.

28 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

He had a hernia op in March last year. That was his long running injury.

You can't deal with a new injury or a reoccurrence of an old injury before it happens!

4 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Target man. I thought he looked decent against Dundee Utd in the playoffs and I saw him against Ross County I think in one of ICT's televised games.

Put himself about and looked a handful. 

I think some people assume he's a target man simply because he's tall.  He's guff in the air.  Decent enough with the ball to feet.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We have no wingers to put  in crosses sounds good so far

Edited by Lola montez

57 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I think some people assume he's a target man simply because he's tall.  He's guff in the air.  Decent enough with the ball to feet.

Listening to the Dundee v ICT game on radio yesterday and commentators were not very complementary about White.  Saying he had won nothing in air all game against defenders and also how much better ICT looked when Todarov replaced him.  Their words not mine.

1 minute ago, greenock saint said:

Listening to the Dundee v ICT game on radio yesterday and commentators were not very complementary about White.  Saying he had won nothing in air all game against defenders and also how much better ICT looked when Todarov replaced him.  Their words not mine.

Well I watched the game on tv and Sutton said exactly the opposite and have to say i agreed with him, he said service to White was awful and that he is a very good player who is a handful for defenders.

14 minutes ago, bigbulllywee said:

Well I watched the game on tv and Sutton said exactly the opposite and have to say i agreed with him, he said service to White was awful and that he is a very good player who is a handful for defenders.

Yeah fair enough as I said it was their words.  

41 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

We have no wingers to put  in crosses sounds good so far

Could work :D The most memorable thing about him was how gangly and awkward he was but his goal scoring record was okay at championship level. He's a shite Crouch :D