The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Anyone else feel Heaton  should be given another shot? We're probably going to be stuck with him anyway so we might as well wipe the slate clean and give him one more chance to prove himself. Kellerman probably in the same boat given how little he played since he came back.

Ditching the totally misplaced "Billy big bawz" attitude would help for a start.

I'd imagine there will be, if there hasn't been already, a straight to the point discussion regarding what will be expected of him next season, if he is indeed to be given another chance.

There might be a player in there somewhere, but, if there is there has been scant evidence of this so far.

I still can't believe that we paid money for him.:(

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Ditching the totally misplaced "Billy big bawz" attitude would help for a start.

I'd imagine there will be, if there hasn't been already, a straight to the point discussion regarding what will be expected of him next season, if he is indeed to be given another chance.

There might be a player in there somewhere, but, if there is there has been scant evidence of this so far.

I still can't believe that we paid money for him.:(

Pretty much the only reason he hasn't already been emptied. Think the club is desperately hoping they can recoup some of what we paid for him, which is another reason to give him another shot. If he doesn't look interested or isn't willing to knuckle down then off he pops.

49 minutes ago, Stu said:

Shite sub-editing rather than shite journalism I'd say.

Anyone else feel Heaton  should be given another shot? We're probably going to be stuck with him anyway so we might as well wipe the slate clean and give him one more chance to prove himself. Kellerman probably in the same boat given how little he played since he came back.

Not for Heaton.  No chance.  He has started a whole 5 games since January for the mighty mid table Kidderminster Harriers in the 6th level of English football. 5 games. Is he match fit - no? Is he interested - no?  Should we hold off signing a real CB in the hope that Heaton suddenly turns into a Popescu? No.  I would try and pay him off or failing that try and find another diddy club that may take him and pay part of his wages. But await and see if he has improved and pay for the privilege? No.

7 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Not for Heaton.  No chance.  He has started a whole 5 games since January for the mighty mid table Kidderminster Harriers in the 6th level of English football. 5 games. Is he match fit - no? Is he interested - no?  Should we hold off signing a real CB in the hope that Heaton suddenly turns into a Popescu? No.  I would try and pay him off or failing that try and find another diddy club that may take him and pay part of his wages. But await and see if he has improved and pay for the privilege? No.

And to add, are Darlington not due more money if he makes his league debut? Pretty sure I heard this before we offloaded him to Kidderminster. 

If Heaton had gone back to the level from whence he came, been a star turn and absolutely shone, I'd perhaps make a case for him having unfulfilled talent.

But he has gone back and as far as I can see not done too much. He also doesn't seem at all bothered about SMFC and we don't seem at all bothered about him.

The season finished down in England on May 10th and he buggered off to Bali for three weeks.  OK, that's his prerogative to do so as he's technically on loan with Kidderminster until yesterday I believe but it seems a bit off that he didn't bother coming back up to at least end the season, taking in the atmosphere around the club he'll be back at in mid-July and would rather have an extra two weeks of close season.

Perhaps being a bit harsh but it strikes me as an off-colour thing to do. Even Josh Magennis went back to Aberdeen to take in the league cup final as part of their travelling party and that's WHILST he was on loan with us! 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Calls himself 'RandomGuy' 

Can set your watch by his predictability. :lol:

Do you DJ with chapsticks?

Edited by RandomGuy.

Isma :wub:  tough one, six years on and it's all been a bit meh for him!

Don't want to spoil those memories and I'm not sure he's the sorta player OK will be looking for.

6 minutes ago, btb said:

Isma :wub:  tough one, six years on and it's all been a bit meh for him!

Don't want to spoil those memories and I'm not sure he's the sorta player OK will be looking for.

Agreed, since leaving us he's been at more clubs than Leigh Griffiths on a night out. Good player but always thought his attitude could be better.