The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

19 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Stokes just didn’t turn up at the airport? Bad stuff from him. Miller is there apparently.

Miller isn't there at all, Stokes isn't either.

Miller announced as Livvy boss tomorrow.

Miller isn't there at all, Stokes isn't either.
Miller announced as Livvy boss tomorrow.

I heard that Stokes was supposed to be going but never showed up. I was all for him signing but if that’s the case I hope we move on to other targets.

11 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

Hi Saintbernians.

What kind of player is Mallan, my memory of him is blank.

He's great. The video above is your best answer, though only shows his goals. He's tidy on the ball and could probably play anywhere across midfield, though not as a DM.

If you're losing McGinn, he wouldn't be a like-for-like replacement, but he will score several more goals per season than McGinn would.

Can never quite work out players that succeed in championship and others that don’t.

I was sure Mallan would be good enough but clearly just doesn’t have the physical side to his game yet which is what the championship seems to be all about l. Ability wise I refuse to believe he couldn’t / can’t hack it down there

On 23/06/2018 at 12:59, Arch Stanton said:

Not been on much recently, and only just saw this.

What an absolutely awesome piece of news!

This, plus the longer deals we seem to be bringing the new guys in on, shows a real change in mentality from the club.

Always a danger you'll get stuck with a dud, but means if we do find a gem, they'll not walk away for nothing at the end of the season.

Good work Saints!

14 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

I heard that Stokes was supposed to be going but never showed up. I was all for him signing but if that’s the case I hope we move on to other targets.

Stokes was meant to travel and he just didn't turn up, would imagine that will kill our interest in him.

37 minutes ago, McG said:

Stokes was meant to travel and he just didn't turn up, would imagine that will kill our interest in him.

If that's the case , it definitely sounds like we've dodged a bullet. 

47 minutes ago, McG said:

8 minutes ago, Munoz said:

If that's the case , it definitely sounds like we've dodged a bullet. 

Bloody hell. Yeah, f**k him. Hope his next shit is a pineapple. He's obviously talented, and maybe he's got a good offer, but I bet it doesn't pan out for him. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Genuinely think you have dodged a bullet with Stokes. At this point I dont think he would score goals in the Prem and he is an outright fanny of a laddie. No good can come of signing him.

I would agree despite scoring a few for Hibs last year he got binned for being a waster, then went abroad and got binned for doing the same. Hes been in decline for year but this year he appears to be on self destruct mode.

Edited by gannonball