djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2020/21 Top Four/Six Party Thread

Best squad we’ve had for years and, importantly, a lot of them on 2 and 3 year contracts. Future is looking much brighter than this time last season

Obika and Mason injured Goody confirmed post match. Obika hopefully back next week but Mason more serious and might be missing for a few weeks.

Dennis was already confirmed injured before today.
I'm beginning to chalk Dennis off tbh. Nice goal against County but he has done nothing else. Well apart from keep the physio busy*

*Not a Jack Ross innuendo

Dear Mr Erwin, saw this and thought of you

best-soccer-rebounder.jpeg

Edited by Torfason

There is one slightly dirty cloud on the horizon. Not saying this could happen, just saying it's maybe not beyond the realms of possibility.

County get some form of result from their game against Livi, even just a point. On the 14th the SFA announce that forfeiting the games was not the right decision. The SPFL then decide that the punishment should be docked points, of a similar value. 6 points docked (which imo would be incredibly harsh, but this is the SPFL we're talking about) would put bottom of the league.

I'm not saying this _will_ happen, just saying it's not outwith all possibility.

I had been thinking that too but was adraid to say it out loud in case it happens.

If it does - unlikely but possible - the games would have to be replayed. We would be bottom with two games in hand on the three teams above us.

20 minutes ago, Lex said:

If it does - unlikely but possible - the games would have to be replayed. We would be bottom with two games in hand on the three teams above us.

Imagine the delight from Hearts fans though if that came to pass and then the season was suspended.

5 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Best squad we’ve had for years and, importantly, a lot of them on 2 and 3 year contracts. Future is looking much brighter than this time last season

My only fear is if there's no end to the lockdowns, will folk again go out and buy season tickets in numbers?

I understand we sold ~3,500 this year. I hope folk back the club, but some may not be able to afford it and, if there's no sign of fans being able to return to the stadium, many others might not bother. 

There is one slightly dirty cloud on the horizon. Not saying this could happen, just saying it's maybe not beyond the realms of possibility.
County get some form of result from their game against Livi, even just a point. On the 14th the SFA announce that forfeiting the games was not the right decision. The SPFL then decide that the punishment should be docked points, of a similar value. 6 points docked (which imo would be incredibly harsh, but this is the SPFL we're talking about) would put bottom of the league.
I'm not saying this _will_ happen, just saying it's not outwith all possibility.

John Kennedy’s interview today may have came at a good time for us. There should be an investigation into those admissions as I believe they were still required to follow the SPFL rules while out in Dubai but obviously failed to do so. However, they may only investigate if they were to be unable to fulfil any fixture, highly unlikely given their squad size.
I would think the £40k suspended fine should suffice as I doubt any personnel at the club will be in rush to create this chaos again and we get the slap on the wrist. There is of course the other instances of clubs being unable to fulfil fixtures after the Scottish Government informed the SPFL those fixtures can not go ahead which they proceeded to rearrange and should not be forgotten by both sides of the argument.

Imagine the delight from Hearts fans though if that came to pass and then the season was suspended.

Believe points per game average would be used and we’d be fine in that instance. Which would be especially delightful.

My only fear is if there's no end to the lockdowns, will folk again go out and buy season tickets in numbers?
I understand we sold ~3,500 this year. I hope folk back the club, but some may not be able to afford it and, if there's no sign of fans being able to return to the stadium, many others might not bother. 
I've been wondering the same. I'd imagine the uptake would be less than this season but by how much who knows. Ill certainly renew anyway.

On 09/01/2021 at 01:41, Arch Stanton said:

and Ian Ure...one for the teenagers there.

He was on a Denis Law doc saying he was gubbed when he signed for Man Utd

Must have been some state when we signed him

11 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

I would hazard a guess that by this June & July we should have seen most of the population having the first batch of vaccine.

If it goes well enough then I’d be hopeful of seeing reduced crowds with social distancing for next season.  Maybe that’s a bit optimistic but who knows it could happen.

12 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Was watching Andrew Marr this morning where a professor said social distancing will still be in place next winter.  

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Was watching Andrew Marr this morning where a professor said social distancing will still be in place next winter.  

Oh dear! If that's the case then we will be relying on the charity of our core support, as will most clubs. Will it be enough, though?

Celtic just Tweeted that one of their players has come back from Dubai with the virus.  This combined with all the other breaches should mean that our games in hand should be played.  

Shouldn't it...?  

8 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Celtic just Tweeted that one of their players has come back from Dubai with the virus.  This combined with all the other breaches should mean that our games in hand should be played.  

Shouldn't it...?  

With any luck it’ll be Scott Brown and he got it off that pint tumbler he was holding at his poolside sunlounger.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

With any luck it’ll be Scott Brown 

Fucking hell.