The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 29/10/2020 at 10:41, RossBFaeDundee said:

He doesn't actually care about football, just vengeance I guess.

Football and vengeance kind of go hand in hand mate. It's what fuels most football rivalries. As a fan of a club happy to vote their rival a title I do understand how you don't get that though.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Football and vengeance kind of go hand in hand mate. It's what fuels most football rivalries. As a fan of a club happy to vote their rival a title I do understand how you don't get that though.

Hahahahahahahahaha one week ago

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hahahahahahahahaha one week ago

Sorry, my reply got held up in the "quarantine system".

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 29/10/2020 at 10:29, Munoz said:

So you now think the SPFL are competent? This seems like a bit of a turnaround from you.

No, competence would have involved inspecting all club's safety systems after the Scottish gov gave them a yellow card, which might have found flaws in St Mirren's measures. Instead, as previously discussed, they banned Hearts from training for a week.

I like the gesture, but it's a shit name. 'SMISA' just isn't a nice word to say. I'd like to think they'd have come up with something catchier if they ever dreamed the ground was being named after it.

Still, I do like the gesture very much.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Surely, of all the things SMISA members are asked to vote on, the naming of our stadium is one of them? :lol:

Can't really understand why the stadium naming has been taken out of our hands and pretty confident that a tiny percentage would've actually voted for the 'SMISA stadium' option.

Edited by Spam_Valley

7 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Surely, of all the things SMISA members are asked to vote on, the naming of our stadium is one of them? :lol:

Can't really understand why the stadium naming has been taken out of our hands and pretty confident that a tiny percentage would've actually voted for the 'SMISA stadium' option.

The Kibble and GLS probably don’t want the fans to vote for anything. Will be interesting to see what the next quarterly spend vote will be.....

7 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

we are only allowed to vote on things that don’t matter.when was last update we had before today?getting sick and tired of the whole thing.

So has the sponsorship deal with Simple Digital ended?

I dislike the idea of having the stadium named something other than it's location, or the area, just for the traditional value of it. However if some money can be eked out of a sponsor (and the sponsor isn't abhorrent) then that's just the way of the modern game.

Out of interest, is the roof still painted with Carbrini? If so, and considering you'll get some (albeit very little) advertising from passengers landing at the airport, that's another option.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

So has the sponsorship deal with Simple Digital ended?

I dislike the idea of having the stadium named something other than it's location, or the area, just for the traditional value of it. However if some money can be eked out of a sponsor (and the sponsor isn't abhorrent) then that's just the way of the modern game.

Out of interest, is the roof still painted with Carbrini? If so, and considering you'll get some (albeit very little) advertising from passengers landing at the airport, that's another option.

That happened yonks ago. Start of this season IIRC. No announcement - just the signs taken down. Guess SD never paid their annual subs.

The Dome roof if what you are referring to has kinda been tidied up.

13 minutes ago, AllyM said:

Don't let folk vote on names for things, ffs.

We'll end with the Stubbsy McStubbs stadium or something similar.

That's why you have an approved list of options decided before you let people vote. I don't like the name either but I'm a traditionalist with stadium names and sponsorship names are a bit souless. 

The Simple Digital deal was a fair length wasn't it? Strange it is gone. 

Obviously in these times that we're in, the club couldn't secure another stadium name sponsor.  I reckon the new name is a nice gesture from club , recognising the commitment the fans have showed over the last few years.