The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

29 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Wow ! Did not see this coming . 

Guess that means you'll be resigning as a SMISA member since they didn't let you know this signing was happening?

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I dunno, did we actually get that much out of Sadlier? 

He was a bit of a standout in a dreadful, dreadful side. Him and James Dayton were about the only two signings that season who didn't stink the joint out.

I think it was quite obvious that there was raw talent there, he was only about 19 or 20 when he was with us and he wanted to stay but Ian Murray didn't fancy him for a crack at the championship, preferring to go with Cameron Howieson.

Anders Dreyer gets a Champions League goal against Ajax.

Amazing that only 2 years ago, some Saints fans didn't rate him as he didn't do enough, despite him only playing 10 games for us, setting up 5 goals and being involved in about another 5 or 6.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Anders Dreyer gets a Champions League goal against Ajax.

Amazing that only 2 years ago, some Saints fans didn't rate him as he didn't do enough, despite him only playing 10 games for us, setting up 5 goals and being involved in about another 5 or 6.

He was clearly quality. People are nuts.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He was clearly quality. People are nuts.

No coincidence that we became a semi potent attacking threat when he was in the side and it was a shame his loan spell got cut short by an injury.

Bit he didn't run about like a headless chicken chasing every loose ball. The same reason sections of our support used to lament Andy Dorman. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Guess that means you'll be resigning as a SMISA member since they didn't let you know this signing was happening?

You take a lot of interest in St Mirren you becoming a bud. Not sure we want you to be honest. Though I think you would fit into blackandwhitearmy.com perfectly.  

23 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

You take a lot of interest in St Mirren you becoming a bud. Not sure we want you to be honest. Though I think you would fit into blackandwhitearmy.com perfectly.  

Now that really is an insult... :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Listen, it's all fine and well popping in a goal against Dutch footballing giants in Europe's elite tournament, but can he really do it on a wet Wednesday night in Stenny?

Christ Ric, how bad do you think the season’s going to get?

Good to see Goodwin being backed and allowed to strengthen the squad following the sale of Magennis. This new chap seems to get a good write-up. If he does turn out to be the player he has been written up as and with the money we got in for an injured player then that looks like good business to me especially in a time where funds are strained.
We have options all over the park now and with players coming back from injury, quarantine etc. I would hope we can push on now and catch up with those above us beginning on Friday night.

14 hours ago, Torfason said:

Christ Ric, how bad do you think the season’s going to get?

It's all fine and well having fancy-Dan's who can knock in goals against top opposition, but we want "salt of the Earth, good to 'onest triers" as Yogi would put it. ;)

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Good to see Goodwin being backed and allowed to strengthen the squad following the sale of Magennis.

I think this is a very valid point, although I'd love to have seen him get a longer contract (although the negatives are there as DJC says), it's important to note that if the board had either (a) no money, or (b) no faith then this lad wouldn't be here.

It's incredible how far we've made that James Anderson money stretch, tbh.

Great to have football back, assuming there are no more f**k-ups. I've totally lost track of where we were (aside from 'shite') and who was playing/in form, etc. I've even forgotten that I'd decided not to cough up for any more PPV games for a while. :whistle

Any guesses for how we're lining up on Friday?

Edited by Coventry Saint