The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

So I wonder if this will have any bearing on our case(s)...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-covid-forfeit-plans-rejected-22947400

"Scotland's clubs have joined together to boot out a controversial proposal to impose mandatory 3-0 defeats for coronavirus call-offs."

While I doubt it will completely rule out any forfeiture, it may make it a little less likely.

45 minutes ago, Ric said:

So I wonder if this will have any bearing on our case(s)...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-covid-forfeit-plans-rejected-22947400

"Scotland's clubs have joined together to boot out a controversial proposal to impose mandatory 3-0 defeats for coronavirus call-offs."

While I doubt it will completely rule out any forfeiture, it may make it a little less likely.

Absolutely nuts (but entirely typical) that they would even attempt to get this introduced after the season has started and after postponements have occurred. I'm not saying clubs should go unpunished, but they certainly can't decide what the punishment should be after the fact.

Would be interesting to know if any clubs voted in favour - Accies and Well, presumably 😂 - given this really could impact any team at any point still.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Absolutely nuts (but entirely typical) that they would even attempt to get this introduced after the season has started and after postponements have occurred. I'm not saying clubs should go unpunished, but they certainly can't decide what the punishment should be after the fact.

Would be interesting to know if any clubs voted in favour - Accies and Well, presumably 😂 - given this really could impact any team at any point still.

38 of the 42 clubs voted against teams having  to forfeit games - so aye, Motherwell,  Accies and whoever Killie were meant to be playing. 

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

I wonder if there is an extra year option rolled into that, as joining us for the rest of the season leaves him open to sign a PCA almost immediately.

Double edged sword. If he's pish it's not great loss.

If he's good we have another Kieran Sadlier situation on our hands.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Double edged sword. If he's pish it's not great loss.

If he's good we have another Kieran Sadlier situation on our hands.

I believe, and you can correct me here, but won't all our Irish lads be out of contract at the end of the season?

This lad, Connolly, McGrath and McCarthy.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

I believe, and you can correct me here, but won't all our Irish lads be out of contract at the end of the season?

This lad, Connolly, McGrath and McCarthy.

McGrath and McCarthy both signed 2 and a half year deals. Shaugnessy has two years too.

The other 3 are out of contract at end of the season.

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, djchapsticks said:

McGrath and McCarthy both signed 2 and a half year deals.

Good to know. Would be nice to tie up Connolly on a longer deal. He might blow hot and cold, and be a bit raw, but that is the template for just about every decent winger we've ever had!

48 minutes ago, jm1 said:

Looks like it

Great signing.

You won't have beyond him the season, but it'll be worth it.

Edited by RandomGuy.