The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

What, a team challenging the SPFL, but that means they're challenging the whole of Scottish football! 

I believe the appropriate response is "Take your medicine"?

I've red dotted this.

Partly because you're a cock but mostly because this...

image.png.65533d5f1fb2dbaef935dad5d08f9c37.png

...was annoying me. Nice and rounded out now.

Edited by djchapsticks

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I've red dotted this.

Partly because you're a cock but mostly because this...

image.png.65533d5f1fb2dbaef935dad5d08f9c37.png

...was annoying me. Nice and rounded out now.

Nice you have a hobby. I thought Paisley residents' favourite pastime was coughing on each other, judging by St Mirren.

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

FFS, you still here?

To be honest I didn't expect the opportunities for some comeback to arrive so quickly and in such high quantities. I should never have underestimated Scottish football's idiocy.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

You'd think he'd be looking ahead to a cup semi final rather than still drowning in salty tears. 

Tears of laughter these days. Watching the bottom few teams in the Premiership scramble to see who can be first to get the league shut down is some sight. Looking forward to hearing why null and void was not an option last time but is this time.

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Nice you have a hobby. I thought Paisley residents' favourite pastime was coughing on each other, judging by St Mirren.

So you reckon Hearts will go through the season (Championship) without having any bother with Covid then ? 

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, because St. Mirren players live in Paisley.

Away you go, stupid.

Good luck with your attempts to escape relegation via a vote (again).

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Munoz said:

So you reckon Hearts will go through the season (Championship) without having any bother with Covid then ? 

As we're possibly the only team regularly testing in our league, thanks to another genius SPFL decision, probably not. What's St Mirren's excuse?

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

As we're possibly the only team regularly testing in our league, thanks to another genius SPFL decision, probably not. What's St Mirren's excuse?

Bad luck I suspect.  The same as the majority of people who contract it.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Bad luck I suspect.  The same as the majority of people who contract it.

SPFL doesn't seem to think so. Safety measures only work if you follow them.

40 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Don’t worry mate , we’ll all get through this pandemic just like you guys got through the AIDS era in your beautiful city.

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

It appears that’s he’s been on loan to a couple of league 1 sides and that he might well have been released by the premiership outfit. He’s 21 years old and has a few caps at under 21’s and under 18’s ROI. Not sure if he’s a loan or on trial after a possible release.

Is it Jake Doyle-Hayes?

32 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Tears of laughter these days. Watching the bottom few teams in the Premiership scramble to see who can be first to get the league shut down is some sight. Looking forward to hearing why null and void was not an option last time but is this time.

Mind Hearts threatened that they would get the start of the season delayed?

3 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Would that not mean Hearts stay in the Championship for another season then, It would prob tip you over the edge into having another breakdown.

Looking forward to hearing why null and void was not an option last time but is this time.

Agreed, that seems a logical resolution. I think over the summer it had shown that calling the season early isn’t an opinion going forward, we’ve at least tried it so know the faults of it. If this season were to end early the only option would be null and void.
As with anything you need a trial run before determining the best course of action.