The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

16 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Perhaps you can point us towards the rules that state you need 2 appointments in a time where resources are tight. Feel to illustrate this in a bar chart.
There are measures to follow which we may or may not be managing to do. No onus on clubs to throw money on personnel to implement strict measures on top of the resources already required for twice weekly testing.

Screenshot_20201026-183928_Drive.thumb.jpg.6a54e23a5b7af2d0509ade7048319bd5.jpg

That's from the "return to football" booklet handed out to clubs from the SFA/SPFL.

2 positions created at clubs to solely deal with Covid.

I've zero idea if St Mirren had these or not, I just remembered there were specific jobs created to deal with it, so you announcing youd hired two people made me question it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

22 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Apologies if I’m wrong but was it not you who said you were finished with St Mirren after they sold the boy Magennis?

You seem quite desperate to stop supporting your club.

Not me mate I have been going since 1967 would not give up now. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's from the "return to football" booklet handed out to clubs from the SFA/SPFL.

I've zero idea if St Mirren had these or not, I just remembered there were specific jobs created to deal with it, so you announcing youd hired two people made me question it.

We must have had those duties appointed to someone as per the SFA rules. After the keeper situation our procedures we were investigated and praised by no other than Jason Leitch.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Neither appointment carries either of those job titles. We already had personnel at the club who were responsible for those duties. A Club doctor i would imagine would be better placed to monitor emerging evidence related to Covid-19 and advise on this than someone implementing process and carrying out risk assessments. 

5 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

We must have had those duties appointed to someone as per the SFA rules. After the keeper situation our procedures we were investigated and praised by no other than Jason Leitch.

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Neither appointment carries either of those job titles. We already had personnel at the club who were responsible for those duties. A Club doctor i would imagine would be better placed to monitor emerging evidence related to Covid-19 and advise on this than someone implementing process and carrying out risk assessments. 

As I say, I just seen St Mirren hiring 2 Covid specific staff, remembered only 2 were required to start with, and questioned it.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, I just seen St Mirren hiring 2 Covid specific staff, remembered only 2 were required to start with, and questioned it.

None of those posts require to be single issue posts. 

For example within my work the same person is the COVID officer, Freedom of Information Officer, Data Protection Officer, Health and Safety officer, head of IT and numerous other roles. 

These appointments sound positive but there is nothing to suggest that they are full time employees. 

None of those posts require to be single issue posts. 

For example within my work the same person is the COVID officer, Freedom of Information Officer, Data Protection Officer, Health and Safety officer, head of IT and numerous other roles. 

These appointments sound positive but there is nothing to suggest that they are full time employees. 

Not to take away from your main point but the head of IT should not be the DPO

18 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

St Mirren must be rolling in it financially if they made these appointments even after the Chief Medical Officer said that they were doing everything correctly. 

Aye, we're minted. But it helps that these two appointments are fans and one was an ex-player.  The only club they ever wanted to enforce covid restrictions for :)

19 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Aye, we're minted. But it helps that these two appointments are fans and one was an ex-player.  The only club they ever wanted to enforce covid restrictions for :)

The annual retainer from Celtic must be helping your balance sheet.

3 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Sean Kelly signed for us - thoughts? What position does he play?

Left back, very surprised he’s not found a club further up the levels tbh. Decent player who was a target for our boo boys and will probably always divide opinions.

He’s matured as a player in my opinion, and at his best bombing forward. Defensively not so great but you can’t have it all.