The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

29 minutes ago, Ric said:

I would be stunned if Chabbi, who came to us unfit, managed to get a couple of sub appearances was getting that wage from us. He might have got that at his parent club, not us.

It must be their parent club, as they have Ralston at us on £5.5kp/w.

It seems fair accurate in terms of some things for us (May highest earner/Wright at the top end), but zero idea how accurate it all is.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It seems fair accurate in terms of some things for us (May highest earner/Wright at the top end), but zero idea how accurate it all is.

Yeah, got to be, it's not like we'd be paying Famewo (Norwich) £3500 a week. I still have some questions about the exact figures as I can't imagine they are that accessible and it's probably from extrapolation than direct sourcing.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Yeah, got to be, it's not like we'd be paying Famewo (Norwich) £3500 a week. I still have some questions about the exact figures as I can't imagine they are that accessible and it's probably from extrapolation than direct sourcing.

As I say, some of them are pretty close to what was rumoured for us, so its an interesting one.

Guess it may just be basic wage so some players might have higher bonuses than others?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, some of them are pretty close to what was rumoured for us, so its an interesting one.

Guess it may just be basic wage so some players might have higher bonuses than others?

Obvs we've got no idea, but that list has Urminsky, a 3rd choice keeper who doesn't have a single minute of top team action to his name, was earning more than Magennis - a regular for many years and someone who was named as our captain. Now, clearly Magennis is earning a shit ton more now along the M8, but the point still stands.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Obvs we've got no idea, but that list has Urminsky, a 3rd choice keeper who doesn't have a single minute of top team action to his name, was earning more than Magennis - a regular for many years and someone who was named as our captain. 

Maybe thats why Magennis was so determined to leave...

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe thats why Magennis was so determined to leave...

He wasn't determined to leave, not if you follow certain people on Twitter.. ;)

Obvs, there is a legacy issue here, he would have (re)signed some years ago on a salary that didn't necessarily reflect the current value to the club. That's what happens the length and breadth of the country.

That aside, I still find it very difficult to believe a player with absolutely no first team action would be earning more than them.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even that Ralston figure I would imagine is pish. We signed Hendry for a 7 figure sum and his wage was 6 and a half grand a week as his payslip got leaked. Ralston signed a long term contract with us whilst out with a career threatening injury so I doubt he was on only a grand less than Hendry and he was pretty much a youth  player. These amounts have been pulled out some guys arse.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Having had a quick look at ours and the suggestion that we were paying Rolando Aarons £12k p/w I'm inclined to agree.

Although if Chris Long is on £2400 a week you’d think he would manage a smile. 

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Having had a quick look at ours and the suggestion that we were paying Rolando Aarons £12k p/w I'm inclined to agree.

That would be his wage at his parent club.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Even that Ralston figure I would imagine is pish. We signed Hendry for a 7 figure sum and his wage was 6 and a half grand a week as his payslip got leaked. Ralston signed a long term contract with us whilst out with a career threatening injury so I doubt he was on only a grand less than Hendry and he was pretty much a youth  player. These amounts have been pulled out some guys arse.

I'm not commenting on your wage policy, all I know is some of your "youth" earns eye watering amounts. Rocco Quinn and Cillian Sheridan were by far the highest earners at Saints when on loan with us.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That would be his wage at his parent club.

I'm not commenting on your wage policy, all I know is some of your "youth" earns eye watering amounts. Rocco Quinn and Cillian Sheridan were by far the highest earners at Saints when on loan with us.

I know but frankly these websites are hugely speculative with absolutely no real sources. File under pish.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I know but frankly these websites are hugely speculative with absolutely no real sources. File under pish.

Indeed.

Made up pish, that only the most naive would give any credence to.

Just reading a Paddy Power pundit on our game with Well. A few words stuck out. A very poor buddies side. To be honest hard to argue against that.
Like a "Paddy Power Pundit" will ever have seen us play. He might not be far off the mark but he is basing that opinion purely on results. He's "paid" to put out information that leads punters to back losers basically, his job is to get mugs to place bets that will lose and thus make his employer money.

17 hours ago, Ric said:

So I decided to red dot them in another thread to see if they are a crying child who would get absolutely apoplectic at someone doing what they do regularly.

And, yup, they've gone on a tear strewn petulant red dotting outrage.. :lol: 

Tear strewn. Apoplectic. Dotting outrage. 

The above was used to describe using coloured circles on an Internet forum.