The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

51 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

It's clear that the club are annoyed with Magennis. Maybe not the best statement but I get it: we've looked after him through his injury. 

An injury caused whilst carrying out work for your club.

Brandon Mason:

“We have lost Brandon Mason for a period," said the City boss.

"He hurt his knee on Monday and scans have shown he has a medial ligament problem that will probably keep him out for six to eight weeks, which isn’t great, not for us and not for him.

“Thankfully it wasn’t anything worse than that and hopefully we can get him back quicker than that, but those are the time scales I have been given."

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

May have got excited prematurely: there were reports at recently as last week that he was out for eight weeks with medial knee ligament damage.

So goodness knows what's going on.

Obviously after today's tears and snotters the board thought it was imperative they get the fans back onside by filling that critical role on the treatment table Kyle Magennis has been filling for the last few months.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

May have got excited prematurely: there were reports at recently as last week that he was out for eight weeks with medial knee ligament damage.

So goodness knows what's going on.

We've ended this window with about 12 players, yet it still feels like we've had a more structured/planned window than you lot.

Spunking your load in the first month of the window, and then ending it selling your captain and signing a player whos injured and unlikely to be fit until mid-December.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've ended this window with about 12 players, yet it still feels like we've had a more structured/planned window than you lot.

Spunking your load in the first month of the window, and then ending it selling your captain and signing a player whos injured and unlikely to be fit until mid-December.

To be fair I think our only plan was to empty as many off the wage bill as it took to sign a decent striker. 

Might have been a wee bit different if we'd had offers for, say, McCann or Kerr. 

16 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Edit:

Same as above.

Surely we haven’t signed a player that’s injured for 6 - 8 weeks

Signing an injured left back who wont be fit until December would be a new level of incompetence from the club. I smell shite.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

Signing an injured left back who wont be fit until December would be a new level of incompetence from the club. I smell shite.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/coventrys-brandon-mason-begins-spell-on-sidelines-against-bournemouth/

We had to rebuild our defence plus replace one of the leagues best goalkeepers. I wouldn't have liked to leave till that last minute.

I'm not sure what the clubs would have budgeted for, maybe testing is costing more than they thought or the lack of crowds for the foreseeable has forced our hands into selling Magennis. Something stinks with that, I'll give you that one. There was talk of a budget adjustment in the press a week or two ago.

Things have went to pot since MacPherson left, whether or not that is a coincidence remains to be seen.

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Not only is he injured....

Not. Only. Is. He. Out. For. 6. To. 8. Weeks......

There is also an option for Coventry to recall him in January!!! 😂😂😂

So he can come up here, rehab until December, get match fit and then get recalled.

That's so St. Mirren, I can't take it. My chest is going to explode. 

I'll give you this one too, that is mental.

Thats a Football Manager panic signing without realising the player doesn't have a work permit, if ever I have seen one.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

I'll give you this one too, that is mental.

Thats a Football Manager panic signing without realising the player doesn't have a work permit, if ever I have seen one.

Somewhere, Jim Goodwin is screaming 😂

Probably had Mason down as his top LB target at the start of the window and someones just gone ahead and done the deal without bothering to check if hes injured or not.