djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2020/21 Top Four/Six Party Thread

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hibmirnium.

Gies £1M plus Mallan.

..and Paul McGinn and Darren McGregor

Definitely losing patience with Goodwin. He has absolutely no idea what our best starting XI and formation should be. Now I don’t know this for a fact and can’t be arsed checking it tbh but I very much doubt we’ve played the same starting line up and formation two games running.

We have absolutely zero creative midfield players. If this is Kyle McAllister the fittest he’s ever been then just get him to f**k. He’s either not good enough or not interested enough. Or both.

Obika is shite. Barring one fortunate overhead kick every goal he’s scored has hit off a different part of his body.

I’m still not convinced Morias is actually a football player. Maybe he took a wrong turning going for a trial for Paisley Rugby Club.

Our decent players from last season (McCarthy, McPherson, Durmas and the skipper) have regressed so much since the restart. Maybe because of the constant change in formation.

Something has to change. If we carry on like this we’ll be down by Christmas.

54 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Given how poor we've been for the most part this season,  we really shouldn't be considering any bids for our better players.

We need Magennis back playing , not selling him. Hopefully the board hold firm.

Don’t think we’ll see Magennis in a Saints shirt again now. Hopefully funds can be invested wisely in defensive options.

Hibs shouldn’t be able to afford Kyle let’s not repeat Kenny mcclean all over again.

Also how have we let Kyle get down to 1 year left on his contract shambles.

Ron Gordon: “How much do you want?”

St.Mirren: “A million dollars and three Hawaiian islands. Good ones, not the leper ones.”

F48FF9D5-F1D7-402C-A241-78FD70D9D377.jpeg

Anybody who’s followed my posts on here down the years knows that I’ve got more time than most for Paisley St Mirren Football Club.

However, if they stand in the way of young Kyle McGinn’s career by blocking a move to the capital’s sole top flight club - and denying him the chance to link up with his brothers and follow in the footsteps of John - they have crossed a line of no return.

The sacred St Murnian alliance hangs in the balance here. Do what’s right, Tony.

Probably wants to move as he’s fed up of Saints fans not being able to spell his name. A lot of people unhappy with McGinnis on Twitter, and I’m sure someone on here used to call him Josh.

Surprised he is in the last year of his deal, was sure he had at least another year!

Anyway, I would be tempted to sell, has had a lot of injury problems. 22 games last season and 14 the year before in premiership.

He'll very likely be gone.

It's weird even announcing that, almost like trying to brace the support.

I like Magennis but he's got less than a year left on his contract and he suffered badly last season....dunno if it was weight of captaincy, from Goodwin not playing him in the correct manner or both.

He's a talented lad but he's not shown it consistently enough for me and has had 2 or 3 pretty bad injuries so far. I reckon we'll sell.  

10 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Hibs shouldn’t be able to afford Kyle let’s not repeat Kenny mcclean all over again.

Also how have we let Kyle get down to 1 year left on his contract shambles.

He’s a talent don’t get me wrong but he’s injured more often than not and I’m not really convinced he’s got any more improving to do. A good standard Premiership player but I don’t think we’ll rue the day Kyle Magennis left us for someone else.

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Anybody who’s followed my posts on here down the years knows that I’ve got more time than most for Paisley St Mirren Football Club.

However, if they stand in the way of young Kyle McGinn’s career by blocking a move to the capital’s sole top flight club - and denying him the chance to link up with his brothers and follow in the footsteps of John - they have crossed a line of no return.

The sacred St Murnian alliance hangs in the balance here. Do what’s right, Tony.

Don't be like that. 

Plus, his names not Kyle McGinn FFS......it's Kyle McAllister. 

Remember, not Kyle McGinn, not Kyle Magennis, it's Kyle McAllister you need to sign. 

You won’t see Kyle in the stripes again. I’d be surprised if the club didn’t sell him now that he’s got less than a year of his contract to go. No gate revenue coming in for this season and bottom of the league. 

12 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Go stand in the corner and think about what you've done.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He'll very likely be gone.

It's weird even announcing that, almost like trying to brace the support.

I like Magennis but he's got less than a year left on his contract and he suffered badly last season....dunno if it was weight of captaincy, from Goodwin not playing him in the correct manner or both.

He's a talented lad but he's not shown it consistently enough for me and has had 2 or 3 pretty bad injuries so far. I reckon we'll sell.  

Or to try and start a wee bidding war. I can’t say I know all that much about him. Sure the only time I saw him play us at ER he was playing right midfield. 

Someone said on here a while back he was away. Lucky guess or itk?

Depending on what the definition of 'substantial' is, we should take it. Survival of the club takes priority in the current climate. Plus, the boy is injury prone. I still think our squad is heavy in the middle, and I'd rather see cheap/experienced defensive cover brought in.