The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I think the thing about Sheron being a deep lying midfielder didn't come into play yesterday as we essentially had a flat 5. In that case he should be ahead of Erhahon. In terms of playing a little more forward, we've not really seen him in his "best" position, but after seeing how determined Erhahon can be I'd have no issue with playing him in a defensive midfield role.

Not too concerned.

We were up against it from the first whistle, Rangers were on it.

Didn't really matter what our game plan was.

Even at that it took a flukey goal to put them ahead and we should have had a penalty.

Less of this rational thought.

A 3-0 loss at Ibrox is an absolute disaster, it’s our worst performance in years and the manager should be sacked and we will almost certainly be relegated.

All of those things have been said in the past 24 hours on various forms of social media by some of our fans.

The reality is 3 points from our first 3 games would have been a good return and one I’m sure most, if not all of our fans would have taken before kick off. Our first 3 games were against 3 of last seasons top 5 after all.

We have that.

Agree with most, not going to read too much into it.

However, we really need another forward or two. I don’t think big Jon works up top on his own, unless we are getting people close to him. If Goody insists on playing that way against ‘better’ sides then we need someone with more mobility.

I want Junior to do well, but his goals scoring record hasn’t been great and it doesn’t leave us with much of a Plan B.

Forgot the draw was being made, those are not bad considering the teams we could have drawn. QotS are not the force they were a year or two ago, "League One's Partick Thistle"™* will be a hoot, Queens Park should be a Gus MacPherson tribute game while Morton is hilarious in the clown shoes type way.

(* all rights reserved, Coventry Saint)

On 10/08/2020 at 08:35, Ric said:

Got to say, while I'm happy for us to shitfest a game against either OF, but that was not our finest hour. Especially when you look at the result Killie got when they played their more natural game against Celtic.

If Goodwin doesn't have confidence in the team to do that I'd be concerned, although I do understand the worry of taking a tanking.

I'm as disappointed as the next fan at our tactics at ibrox. That was our forth game in our return to pre-season and the start of the league. How many games have the rangers played. 

1 hour ago, ulysses said:

Yeah, as discussed further up the thread, this batshit mental stuff is always brilliant. I'm also 99% sure it's not going to happen 😂

Tremendous speculation....right up there with Thomas Verheydt last season and Stefano Beltrame the year before.

As an aside, Beltrame is now at CSKA Sofia where is making a reported €30,000 a week. He missed a trick not being picked up by Alan Stubbs, that lad!

St. Johnstone appear to be toiling just as badly at Ibrox tonight as we did on Sunday. Had they gone there tonight and caused real problems to Rangers, I'd be a bit more concerned at that performance but it looks like Rangers will do this to a few sides this season going by the early indicators.