The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

I never really got the hype with Jakubiak either, I just thought he gave the ball away far too much. He always seemed too slow in passing, a there was a lot of head down, aimless dribbling. Obika did seem to play a lot better after he arrived mind you, but I'm still not convinced that wouldn't have happened anyway, I certainly don't remember many assists from him either.

I wonder if we might be sniffing around Hemmings now? 

Highly unlikely.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

Is he already going somewhere else?

Back down South for 'personal reasons' is the official story.

More money at Burton Albion is the Twitter rumour. Swindon Town also been mentioned.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Back down South for 'personal reasons' is the official story.

More money at Burton Albion is the Twitter rumour. Swindon Town also been mentioned.

Fair enough, I hadn't really been following it properly, I thought he'd left because Dundee were fucking about with his wages.

50 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Peter MacDonald - admitted in a podcast not so long ago that he deliberately done Andy Millen with a horrific challenge while playing for St Johnstone.

Probably the pinnacle of his career.

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Peter MacDonald - admitted in a podcast not so long ago that he deliberately done Andy Millen with a horrific challenge while playing for St Johnstone.

He didn't really need to admit anything, we all saw it. 2 feet right into Millen's chest. 

What I liked about it was Millen jumped back up and chased him down the tunnel. 

39 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Was that the same game that Broadfoot was showboating and standing on the ball?

No, that was earlier the same season when they got two or three guys sent off.

Jakubiak quoted as saying that we only approached his agent (Peaso) last night and he knew he wanted to come straight away after how his agent sold the club to him. He also said that he spoke to Andrew Nelson yesterday as well. States that there was a Prem club still wanting to hold talks with him and he'd spoke to them briefly previously (Doesn't name them) but that he was sold on what his agent said Dundee could do for his career long term.

Said he doesn't want to be judged on his loan spells as he was always thinking about going back to Watford (He doesn't say this in the negative way I've typed it - He means more that he's only there for 3 month or whatever so never has time to settle).

Jakubiak quoted as saying that we only approached his agent (Peaso) last night and he knew he wanted to come straight away after how his agent sold the club to him. He also said that he spoke to Andrew Nelson yesterday as well. States that there was a Prem club still wanting to hold talks with him and he'd spoke to them briefly previously (Doesn't name them) but that he was sold on what his agent said Dundee could do for his career long term.
Said he doesn't want to be judged on his loan spells as he was always thinking about going back to Watford (He doesn't say this in the negative way I've typed it - He means more that he's only there for 3 month or whatever so never has time to settle).

Played a part in our survival. Hope the lad does well for you guys.

10 hours ago, Stu said:

No, that was earlier the same season when they got two or three guys sent off.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Including Paisley man Michael Moore, who then worked a shift that Saturday night in the Buddies. 

So it was.

Michael Moore used to deliver my mates post. He took the absolute pish out of him for the whole week after that.:lol: