djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2020/21 Top Four/Six Party Thread

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Its mutually beneficial really. We have milked the loan system in the past to good effect to get players we could not usually afford and St. Mirren are looking to do the same.

Yes I suppose so. £2m striker on loan for Saints.

Works for parent and feeder club.

Worth mentioning @Grangemouth Bairn is one of those bizarre wee Falkirk fans who are convinced Celtic bribed every club in the country to vote for them to win 9 in a row/keep Falkirk in the third tier.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning @Grangemouth Bairn is one of those bizarre wee Falkirk fans who are convinced Celtic bribed every club in the country to vote for them to win 9 in a row.

I don’t think that at all ya bampot.

And I’m not ‘wee’.

On 26/07/2020 at 11:22, elvis said:
On 26/07/2020 at 11:10, Ric said:
Oh, come now Elvis, you fucking revel in misery! emoji6.png

No I don't actually but if you can tell me one thing to be upbeat about with our team right now with a week to go. I tell you what if livingston don't beat us by at least a couple of goals next week I will 100 % stop posting on here and BWA.

The real take away victory from yesterday is this. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning @Grangemouth Bairn is one of those bizarre wee Falkirk fans who are convinced Celtic bribed every club in the country to vote for them to win 9 in a row/keep Falkirk in the third tier.

I see our bribe to yous fell through. We did try and post Ralston up the road instead again but it came back return to sender.

67061B42-351F-4FC7-94CD-815EEF15BAF0.jpeg

Edited by gannonball

39 minutes ago, geo87 said:

What a bizarre post

Must be the rarefied air of posting two leagues above your station.

Good to hear Neil Lennon is in favour of the Bayo loan as said by Thompson on Sportscene.  

Edited by ZingaliMan

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Good to hear Neil Lennon is in favour of the Bayo loan as said by Thompson on Sportscene.  

He is coming back from injury. I hope if we get him he stays fit. Has a history of injuries

Not convinced about Bayo. Not that he doesn't have talent, it's clear he does, but we have a small squad and can't afford passengers esp if they are on a decent wage. Obvs, a loan deal is beneficial to Celtic too so perhaps they will be flexible on the money, and it's clear Goodwin backed away from Jakubiak because of that but I can't imagine he'd come for free.

43 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not convinced about Bayo. Not that he doesn't have talent, it's clear he does, but we have a small squad and can't afford passengers esp if they are on a decent wage. Obvs, a loan deal is beneficial to Celtic too so perhaps they will be flexible on the money, and it's clear Goodwin backed away from Jakubiak because of that but I can't imagine he'd come for free.

Goodwin tried to sign Boyo in January also so obviously done his homework on him Rick. 

50 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's fine: we only sign absolute ballers these days.

10 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Goodwin tried to sign Boyo in January also so obviously done his homework on him Rick. 

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's fine: we only sign absolute ballers these days.

It's the same reply to both, in that I trust Goodwin with his recruitment.

Still not convinced.

Robert Grieve of the Sun is reporting that Gus Macpherson is leaving. 

Appears that he's done a good job, I suppose with these behind the scenes roles we never really see how much of an impact he's had but I think he'll be a loss. I wonder if they'll look to replace him or use this as a cost cutting exercise. They should bring in Danny Lennon for a nice piece of symmetry. 

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Appears that he's done a good job, I suppose with these behind the scenes roles we never really see how much of an impact he's had but I think he'll be a loss. I wonder if they'll look to replace him or use this as a cost cutting exercise. They should bring in Danny Lennon for a nice piece of symmetry. 

I'm sad he's going and I absolutely hope we replace him: recruitment strategy has taken a marked upturn since he arrived and I'd be surprised if we didn't replace him. 

21 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

It could be a strikers wage ? Gus and our chairman are close friends so dont see this as a fall out. 

Tony Fitzpatrick spoke before the game on St Mirren TV about some changes behind the scenes (new General Manager etc). I did think it was interesting there was no mention of Gus

9 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

It could be a strikers wage ? Gus and our chairman are close friends so dont see this as a fall out. 

I wonder if that's how they are justifying it. As I said in my previous post it's difficult to know how much of an impact he (or the role) has at a club. 

I just hope it's not a case of knowing the cost but not the value.