The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Yeah that’s bad news for us.

Compare recruitment pre Gus and post Gus and it’s night and day. Don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Would have been other, more outspoken, guys at the top I would have cut before Gus.

He certainly leaves us in a much better position than he found us. Just like he did when he left for the first time in 2010.

I’m sure he’ll get another job - either in the dugout or upstairs - fairly quickly and his new club will be lucky to have him.

The out cry when Gus came in , the out cry when Gus leaves. The club income has been slashed. Goodwin towork with a smaller squad so if you can save a wage on backroom staff for a player it's a no brainer.  

Depends who the player is, if it’s for a Josh Heaton, Cole Kpekawa, Jeff King etc then it’s obvious the value Gus brought.

19 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Depends who the player is, if it’s for a Josh Heaton, Cole Kpekawa, Jeff King etc then it’s obvious the value Gus brought.

To be fair there is only one fool who would have signd these players. I'm not saying I'm happy Gus is gone. I'm saying our income has dropped by quite a margin.  

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Did you even need to ask that question? emoji23.png.

On a separate note, I find it a bit disheartening that there are StMirren fans on twitter happy at the news of Gus leaving, it's actually verging on the side of gloating.

For a start cut backs are never nice. We knew we'd have to tighten the belt this season.

Secondly, Gus MacPherson has done a hell of a lot for this club. Easy for folk to forget but not only did he save us from relegation he then quickly turned us into a title winning team a couple of seasons later, then kept us up in the Premier League for a sustained period of time. He brought the club stability.

I don't know what he has been responsible for in his 2nd stint but the signings have improved significantly.

He has shown more loyalty to this club than most of the previous managers (one in particular that is so highly regarded). He even gave up a job for life at Queens park to come back.

The guy deserves a lot more respect than he is shown. Meh rant over.

i too have always been surprised at the hatred towards gus.