The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Will be interesting to see how Bayo gets on at St.Mirren if it happens. He's been injured pretty much half the time with us and lots of fans seem to have written off without him playing many games. 

For a guy who's not that big he can be a bit of a wrecking ball but can get away  with it more because his frames not that big so often does just enough to put defenders off enough without giving away a foul. He did come on one time though in Europe for us and set about knocking every c**t over then got himself sent off after less than 10 minutes. He also rag dolled a Hearts defence last year but let's be honest who hasn’t. 

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Will be interesting to see how Bayo gets on at St.Mirren if it happens. He's been injured pretty much half the time with us and lots of fans seem to have written off without him playing many games. 

For a guy who's not that big he can be a bit of a wrecking ball but can get away  with it more because his frames not that big so often does just enough to put defenders off enough without giving away a foul. He did come on one time though in Europe for us and set about knocking every c**t over then got himself sent off after less than 10 minutes. He also rag dolled a Hearts defence last year but let's be honest who hasn’t. 

It’s great business from Lennon if he can convince one of his competitors to give one of his strikers some much needed match fitness.

36 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s great business from Lennon if he can convince one of his competitors to give one of his strikers some much needed match fitness.

Generally that's how loan deals work, by keeping players surplus to requirements fit and giving them first XI experience.

However, given his injury record, I doubt we'll be risking signing him. With our small squad size, we simply can't afford to sign a player who misses a lot of games.

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Wee mention on the broadcast of the game. Was smooth running for me no problems at all. Was it the same for the rest of you ? 

I set up the ppv account and it wouldn’t let me log in, after numerous e mails to the tech support team it still didn’t let me log in. My son had to set up another account for us to stream it from his lap top. £25 for a shit picture with no sound until half time. Shambles.

36 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Its mutually beneficial really. We have milked the loan system in the past to good effect to get players we could not usually afford and St. Mirren are looking to do the same.

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I set up the ppv account and it wouldn’t let me log in, after numerous e mails to the tech support team it still didn’t let me log in. My son had to set up another account for us to stream it from his lap top. £25 for a shit picture with no sound until half time. Shambles.

That would have been very frustrating.  

Worth mentioning @Grangemouth Bairn is one of those bizarre wee Falkirk fans who are convinced Celtic bribed every club in the country to vote for them to win 9 in a row/keep Falkirk in the third tier.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 26/07/2020 at 11:22, elvis said:
On 26/07/2020 at 11:10, Ric said:
Oh, come now Elvis, you fucking revel in misery! emoji6.png

No I don't actually but if you can tell me one thing to be upbeat about with our team right now with a week to go. I tell you what if livingston don't beat us by at least a couple of goals next week I will 100 % stop posting on here and BWA.

The real take away victory from yesterday is this. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning @Grangemouth Bairn is one of those bizarre wee Falkirk fans who are convinced Celtic bribed every club in the country to vote for them to win 9 in a row/keep Falkirk in the third tier.

I see our bribe to yous fell through. We did try and post Ralston up the road instead again but it came back return to sender.

67061B42-351F-4FC7-94CD-815EEF15BAF0.jpeg

Edited by gannonball

Not convinced about Bayo. Not that he doesn't have talent, it's clear he does, but we have a small squad and can't afford passengers esp if they are on a decent wage. Obvs, a loan deal is beneficial to Celtic too so perhaps they will be flexible on the money, and it's clear Goodwin backed away from Jakubiak because of that but I can't imagine he'd come for free.

43 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not convinced about Bayo. Not that he doesn't have talent, it's clear he does, but we have a small squad and can't afford passengers esp if they are on a decent wage. Obvs, a loan deal is beneficial to Celtic too so perhaps they will be flexible on the money, and it's clear Goodwin backed away from Jakubiak because of that but I can't imagine he'd come for free.

Goodwin tried to sign Boyo in January also so obviously done his homework on him Rick.