The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

30 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Played in your neck of the woods. How do you rate him. 

I don't follow them any more (I live in South Shields now), but I know people who do. I'll get some feedback and report back.

Edit: was just trying to think who the last former Cov player we signed was... The Duck!

Edited by Coventry Saint

Based on those comments, you'd have thought he'd have a decent chance of making the Norwich first team next season given they've been relegated. Not complaining though!

I don't follow them any more (I live in South Shields now), but I know people who do. I'll get some feedback and report back.
Edit: was just trying to think who the last former Cov player we signed was... The Duck!
South Shields? I loved holidays in Tynemouth when I was a wee boy.

12 hours ago, Stu said:

Based on those comments, you'd have thought he'd have a decent chance of making the Norwich first team next season given they've been relegated. Not complaining though!

Me too. 

I'm not 100% sure that this is the case it's him. He's the fourth different player from Norwich linked with us in last couple of weeks. I mean it's not outwith the realms that we could take a couple of lads off them. 

8 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
On 18/07/2020 at 17:00, Coventry Saint said:

South Shields? I loved holidays in Tynemouth when I was a wee boy.

Nice! Great beaches. I think Covid, Brexit and climate change are going to combine to bring British holidays right back in vogue.

Tynemouth has gone a bit 'trendy' in recent years, and not in a good way. It's become night destination of choice for folk who don't fancy Newcastle for a session. It was apparently hell on earth on that hot bank holiday during lockdown. 😬

Nice! Great beaches. I think Covid, Brexit and climate change are going to combine to bring British holidays right back in vogue.
Tynemouth has gone a bit 'trendy' in recent years, and not in a good way. It's become night destination of choice for folk who don't fancy Newcastle for a session. It was apparently hell on earth on that hot bank holiday during lockdown. [emoji51]

That's not good news. I was planning to take Mrs Boo for a weekend away when things are back to normal. Don't think she'd appreciate the million steps down to the beach right enough.

24 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:
Tynemouth has gone a bit 'trendy' in recent years, and not in a good way. It's become night destination of choice for folk who don't fancy Newcastle for a session. It was apparently hell on earth on that hot bank holiday during lockdown. emoji51.png

That's not good news. I was planning to take Mrs Boo for a weekend away when things are back to normal. Don't think she'd appreciate the million steps down to the beach right enough.

If you avoid a bank holiday you should be grand: the money coming into the town means there's loads of decent bars and restaurants. 

Had a wee look on B&W Army and a poster is claiming we're after Bayo from Celtic on loan. I remember reports floating around in January that we were after him then as well.

Don't think he played a single minute in either of Celtic's games in France. 

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-mirren-boss-jim-goodwin-22382887

Jim being cautiously optimistic about McAllister. No doubt the kid's got talent - fingers crossed they've got to the bottom of his issues. That'd be like a new signing.

Easy to forget he's still only 21 and has a lot of potential if he can get fit.