djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2020/21 Top Four/Six Party Thread

1 minute ago, ulysses said:

Getting the Shaughnessy deal over the line would be excellent. Solid player. Left back next please! 

I do love an out the blue signing so I'd be ok with that.

I've heard we're looking to sign a 'surprise' left back. I mean, that's how scant the information is! That's as vague as it gets. Not even enough to try and hazard an educated guess with.

Literally any left back would be surprise outwith Sean Kelly, Lee Hodson or Calum Waters.:lol:

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Think it's not necessarily a bad thing to be getting them 3 days after a European tie and behind closed doors.

I was more thinking about facing Celtic and the recovery time rather than Rangers, but it's a fair point. It remains to be seen whether playing them behind closed doors will have a positive/negative/or no affect on how the games turn out. Getting them both so early in the season, with such a short/unplanned pre-season is playing on my mind a little.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I've heard we're looking to sign a 'surprise' left back. I mean, that's how scant the information is! That's as vague as it gets. Not even enough to try and hazard an educated guess with.

Literally any left back would be surprise outwith Sean Kelly, Lee Hodson or Calum Waters.:lol:

Tierney?

6 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Tierney?

Naw - Robertson

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I did wonder about Kelly. I always thought he was alright for us (massive improvement on Grainger) but was hung out to dry when Murray played him at centre half. Seems to have done ok at County - not great, but not terrible. 

Edited by ulysses

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Surprise might be he's actually another CM

17 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Tierney?

We were meant to get Tierney along with McMullan as part of the club shop rebranding deal.

Izaguirre then got injured in one of those games, Sellick had no cover at LB and the rest, as they say, is history.

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Stephen Kingsley ?

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

Stephen Kingsley ?

Would definitely fall into the surprise bracket! He'll surely get bigger offers down south. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There used to be a guy who came on here and told us who we were signing about a week before, now there is never anything, not even on Twitter. I quite like it, getting a wee surprise.

I've only been ITK once in my life, when we signed Thommo, because my mum knows his mum. It was a good feeling...

52 minutes ago, GAD said:

There used to be a guy who came on here and told us who we were signing about a week before, now there is never anything, not even on Twitter. I quite like it, getting a wee surprise.

I've only been ITK once in my life, when we signed Thommo, because my mum knows his mum. It was a good feeling...

😂

That beats my mate who knew what shirt letters we were ordering. Sadly he was made redundant.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

McG

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

😂

That beats my mate who knew what shirt letters we were ordering. Sadly he was made redundant.

Hardly surprising your mate was made redundant. Presumably he was only ever busy in July and January. 

Could we be about to sign Aidan Fitzpatrick of Norwich City. 

Seems to be with Richard Tait and Ethan Erhahon for Lunch today. 

35 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

Could we be about to sign Aidan Fitzpatrick of Norwich City. 

Seems to be with Richard Tait and Ethan Erhahon for Lunch today. 

This is the kind of content I think we're all looking for.