The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

36 minutes ago, jm1 said:

I saw Stelios putting himself forward for a move to us on Twitter.

Likeable guy but not good enough for this level.

Yeah, he definitely is not, but then who that we can sign now will be? It's last resort time. I expect a lot will depend on how long McGinn, McKenzie and Hodson are out for. 

Honestly I'd take Stelios on a deal to the end of the season. He loves the club, will work his bollocks off, the fans love him, and if that's preferable to chucking in (and possibly wrecking the confidence of) an untried youngster then maybe it's not a bad shout.

Honestly don't know where else we'd turn at the moment.

I suggested turning Danny Mullen into a fullback on BAWA and the more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense 😂

Yeah, Stelios signed for Bradford Park Avenue.

Ambrose would be decent for central defence. As for rightback, Alan Hutton is available but I've no idea how fit he is, whether he'd be interested, whether we could afford him and whether or not he's finished. Apart from that - sign him up!

25 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yeah, Stelios signed for Bradford Park Avenue.

Ambrose would be decent for central defence. As for rightback, Alan Hutton is available but I've no idea how fit he is, whether he'd be interested, whether we could afford him and whether or not he's finished. Apart from that - sign him up!

Alan Hutton retired a while ago. He's never officially said it I think, but its in an interview that hes not interested in playing again unless something amazing (I think he was hinting Rangers) came along.

Edited by RandomGuy.

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alan Hutton retired a while ago. He's never officially said it I think, but its in an interview that hes not interested in playing again unless something amazing (I think he was hinting Rangers) came along.

Ah fair enough. Was pretty much the only rightback I'd heard of who I thought was available.

Does the transfer window apply to teams in the National League North - the league Stelios is playing at? Genuinely don't know but I'd imagine it'd stop applying at some level of non league football. [emoji2371]