The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He'd be a 'no' from me. 

Something like 15 league goals in last 5 or 6 seasons.

See he's also linked with Dunfermline. They can have him if they let us have Nisbet. :lol: 

Dunfermline have just signed a striker on loan from Celtic , doubt Watt will be going there !

54 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He'd be a 'no' from me. 

Something like 15 league goals in last 5 or 6 seasons.

See he's also linked with Dunfermline. They can have him if they let us have Nisbet. :lol: 

Nisbet is exactly the player we need. I would push the boat out for this lad. 

2 hours ago, AW saint said:

Nisbet is exactly the player we need. I would push the boat out for this lad. 

Don't see anyone outwith the city teams having the capital for him tbf. 

I can't see Watt choosing us over yous, we've also just signed a striker on loan. 

Great move for Paul McGinn & a well deserved one at this stage of his career. He's been a mainstay under all 3 managers he's played for while at Saints. Played at centre half at Ibrox and had a very good game. We would miss him hugely for his ability and versatility. Flynn shouldn't be the long term solution for right back although he has performed well there. 

I'd give Tony Watt a deal until the end of the season see what he can do, wouldn't imagine we would need 4/5 strikers at the club however when we regularly play Obika up front on his own. 

12 hours ago, Stu said:

Ross claiming he was "encouraged" after asking us about McGinn. I hope he's meaning he found the talks encouraging rather than us telling him to fire on!

The “ encouraged part” was enough to send the usual Jack Ross hate mob on twitter into a frenzy of renewed bitching.

10 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

The “ encouraged part” was enough to send the usual Jack Ross hate mob on twitter into a frenzy of renewed bitching.

It seems you either love Ross or despise him, there doesn't appear to be any middle ground. There's people who won't hear a word against him, which is silly, then there are people who go out of their way to show he wasn't actually a good manager with us, which is even sillier.

It seems you either love Ross or despise him, there doesn't appear to be any middle ground. There's people who won't hear a word against him, which is silly, then there are people who go out of their way to show he wasn't actually a good manager with us, which is even sillier.

I guess I kind of fall in the middle.

Good solid player, did a great job as manager but comes across as a smug twat at times........so good guy, good guy, w**k [emoji14]

I say this as a member of SMISA, but I’m glad someone else is on board, as I really don’t trust us to run the club ourselves.

But if a curveball though.
I’m quite happy with Scott in charge, yes he’s got stuff wrong but you can see he puts things in place to stop those same things happening again

The one thing I’ll miss about a Scott is seeing his McLaren with his personalised number plate parked outside the stadium.

As a chairman I’d say his record was fairly... mixed.

57 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I say this as a member of SMISA, but I’m glad someone else is on board, as I really don’t trust us to run the club ourselves.

Yeah, same here. I've been chipping in for the takeover since day one and I think the fan ownership is a great idea... until I spend any length of time on BAWA.com. Achieving fan ownership alongside, and with the support of, a long-standing Paisley community organisation seems like a no-brainer to me, too.

On the field, we will always average somewhere between 8th in Scotland in a good year, and 16th in a bad year. That's our natural position, given club size and history. You live in the hope that some years might be better than 8th, and pray that we'll never drop too far below 16th, but all things being equal, that's where we sit.

Off the field, you just hope that we can achieve the above whilst also being well run, family-friendly, solvent, involved in the community, doing stuff that encourages future St Mirren fans to follow the team and, most importantly of all, ensuring there is still a St Mirren so that I can brainwash my grandchildren like my Grampa brainwashed me. I think the Kibble involvement will help us to do that.

13 hours ago, Stu said:

I'm in the middle ground.

He can be a bit of a dick at times, but take nothing away from what he achieved at Saints and what we all owe him for that.