The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Forgot to mention. On the subject of St Mirren fans being ‘moaning faced needy basturts’... there’s an English language Barcelona fan forum out there. When there were leaked photos of their ‘chessboard’ kit online, I had a peek to see their reaction. When they fcuked it up at Anfield in the CL, I had another quick look. Those ‘moaning faced needy basturts’ took the biscuit... ‘I’m chucking it, this lot are a disgrace....’ ‘If they think merely winning La Liga is enough, then the club need to rebuild from the bottom up...’ ‘I’ve had enough of these over-paid prima-donnas, enough is enough’....

Honest to goodness. Made OF fans seem grounded in reality.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Eyyyy

I’ve been watching us be pish / good / pish / good since 1976. It takes more than one dizzy performance* from an otherwise promising young player to make me call for the manager’s head

* I usually allow them two.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Don’t think he is ready for first team football. I think he could do with going out on loan to a team a division or 2 below.

He’s young, he’s not a left back, but he’s usually a whole lot better than today. You don’t usually see Ethan seem so lethargic and switched off to the situation. It really isn’t like him. He’s better than today’s showing.

We badly need a couple of wingers in that team. Problem is finding ones that will be consistent every week at our level will be out of our price range.

If you add Morgan and McAllister to that line up you'd see a huge difference. Don't think we've got a chance with Morgan though.

More than 6 weeks till the window shuts, I don't know how our fanbase will cope [emoji23].

As the team stand at the moment we are relegation certainties. Only quality signings will help. Goodwin has a huge job on his hands. Stevie McGinn looks finished sadly way way off the mark. If we had played a half decent premiership team today it would have been double figures. Utter crap that's the bottom line. 

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We badly need a couple of wingers in that team. Problem is finding ones that will be consistent every week at our level will be out of our price range.

If you add Morgan and McAllister to that line up you'd see a huge difference. Don't think we've got a chance with Morgan though.

More than 6 weeks till the window shuts, I don't know how our fanbase will cope emoji23.png.

The most disappointing thing for me is that I used to watch us be that lethargic and off the pace in pre-season friendlies. Now we are lethargic and off the pace in one of two major competitions that we have a shot in, and that I have had the joy of actually seeing us win.

I hate the fact the League Cup is effectively our pre-season. Having said that, congratulations to Dunfermline for not being lethargic and putting in a first half showing that ripped us a new arse.

Edited by pozbaird

More than 6 weeks till the window shuts, I don't know how our fanbase will cope [emoji23].

Are we planning on playing the pair of them in defence? We were a shambles at the back and I doubt that pair would have been able to do much about it.

For the first hour pretty much the whole team was woeful. The only exceptions are Hladky, as usual, and the strikers, as they had f**k all to work with. I think between Mullen and Cooke they had three chances - and scored with two of them! Most of the team looked unfit as well.

Straw clutching stuff but hopefully that disaster will have driven home to our manager and board how much work there is to be done.

9 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

More than 6 weeks till the window shuts, I don't know how our fanbase will cope emoji23.png.

I would not be the least bit surprised if we now sell the goalkeeper now to help fund signings.  

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

I would not be the least bit surprised if we now sell the goalkeeper now to help fund signings.  

We should sell him. Cnut gets free in the box and headers wide with the chance there to level things. Useless, I tell ye’.