The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Credit should not go to Kearney - At all.

We've been horrific.

Credit should go to Kearney. We have the worst squad in the league, by a mile, yet we are still not bottom and in with a chance of staying up.

I think Kearney does deserve credit. It was clear to everyone (with the except of Stubbs and Jackson) that we desperately needed a winger, a centre half and a striker, and that we were awful short of experience.

Outside of a transfer window he brought in Ferdinand, Hammill, Jackson, and Lyness. We can argue over how successful each has been but he addressed areas of the squad that needed it.

I'd argue that Hammill alone is the reason we aren't bottom of the league, he's scored or been involved in just about every goal since his arrival. Ferdinand has been decent and Jackson has chipped in with a couple of goals too. Lyness looks much better than Rogers.

Whilst there is also plenty you could criticise Kearney for, he's done alright overall and I have confidence he can bring in some decent players when the window opens.

Edited by houston_bud

Was talking to certain Inverness player last week while they were at the glynhill hotel before the Morton game, seems we are very interested in 1 of their players, this isn’t the 1st time I’ve heard this so believe it could be a goer.

I’ve also heard the club are in negotiations with up to 5 players just now.

32 minutes ago, McG said:

Was talking to certain Inverness player last week while they were at the glynhill hotel before the Morton game, seems we are very interested in 1 of their players, this isn’t the 1st time I’ve heard this so believe it could be a goer.

Liam Polworth?

2 hours ago, McG said:

I find that one very hard to believe.

when did ict start splashing cash on hotels?

36 minutes ago, Munoz said:

That makes sense in the off chance he develops. 

Or maybe no one would take him permanently on the type of money we're paying.

Hope it works out for him and he comes back able to play. There's some absolute dross masquerading as footballers in the Championship right now at the likes of Thistle and Falkirk, surely he'd get a game there.

1 hour ago, McG said:

Big changes this week I’m hearing, Heaton won’t be leaving permanently either ;)

Any truth in the rumour Cammy Smith is headed our way?

2 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:
47 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:
Could be true as I’ve heard a swap deal on the cards.

Who in the other direction?

No name unfortunately just a rumour that Cammy is going as part of a swap deal. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.