The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 09/11/2018 at 09:30, Demented Zebra said:

Agree diet is very important you could hire a nutritionist one day a week who will have better knowledge than a sports science coach. Fitness is why coaches are hired.  Anyway as long as we survive this season that's all I care about though I have a very bad feeling about tomorrow. 

A sports Scientist is not a coach.

I love that your summation of their job is they get a wage to tell players to run fast and eat better food. :lol: 

Not sure which is better - fans saying we don't need a sports scientist or fans of the club he's departed saying he's useless. Hadn't realised we were all such experts on what they do.

f**k it, get rid of the video analyst to and give the job to someone with a Buddie Vision subscription.

24 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

One things for sure he's still judas to me.

I really don’t get that way of thinking.  It’s a short career he moved for more cash anyone else in a job would do the same. He made a mistake and came back. I don’t see that there’s much more to it tbh.

I really don’t get that way of thinking.  It’s a short career he moved for more cash anyone else in a job would do the same. He made a mistake and came back. I don’t see that there’s much more to it tbh.
I know i know. My 14 year old heart was broken and it hasn't recovered. It was the fact he was one of my favourite players too, moving to our direct rivals from the title season.

Now players come and go nearly every season but back then loyalty was still a big thing in football.

Never seen a player get a roasting like that day he came back to Love Street, before or since.

56 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I know i know. My 14 year old heart was broken and it hasn't recovered. It was the fact he was one of my favourite players too, moving to our direct rivals from the title season.

Now players come and go nearly every season but back then loyalty was still a big thing in football.

Never seen a player get a roasting like that day he came back to Love Street, before or since.

Was it not East End Park he got his roasting? So much so he got subbed. 

36 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Was it not East End Park he got his roasting? So much so he got subbed. 

Love St. He was absolutey destroyed by the North Bank and I remember him being subbed after he miscontrolled an easy pass right in front of the NB. 

He was shell shocked 

The day he came back was one of the highlights of the season between giving him abuse and the fact we scored for the first time in about two months.

I don't think it was the fact he left that annoyed everyone so much, more that he claimed he was only going to leave for a club down south - then ended up at the team we'd beaten to the first division title.

2 hours ago, Silvio said:

Love St. He was absolutey destroyed by the North Bank and I remember him being subbed after he miscontrolled an easy pass right in front of the NB. 

He was shell shocked 

Must be the old age kicking in. Unless it happened there also.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:06, Silvio said:

He was shell shocked 

I've yet to see an opposition player more rattled than Junior on that day. The abuse was relentless.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

4 hours ago, Stu said:

The day he came back was one of the highlights of the season between giving him abuse and the fact we scored for the first time in about two months.

I don't think it was the fact he left that annoyed everyone so much, more that he claimed he was only going to leave for a club down south - then ended up at the team we'd beaten to the first division title.

Was it Jamie McGowan with a header?

I seem the remember there wasn't a celebration as such, more a widespread gasp of relief!

Just back from the Q&A with Oran & Brian... thought that Oran spoke very well and answered all questions thoroughly & honestly.

We can expect quite a lot of business in January, with no real surprises who will be departing.

With regards to the January recruitment, he won’t be dipping into the Irish market as he feels it’s unfair to bring in part time players at a time where he needs instant impact. He will explore that avenue in summer when the player(s) have time to settle & adjust to full time football with a full pre-season.

Josh Heaton is not currently training with his first team squad... said it’s up to Josh to show what’s required to work his way into his first team plans.

I must say with the shambolic summer recruitment I am quite impressed with the new recruitment process set up & I’m pretty sure we won’t see such a terrible transfer window again.

I know we’re in a terrible position at the moment but left St. Mirren Park tonight feel quite optimistic that we can turn it around.

Well done to Oran.

5 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Just back from the Q&A with Oran & Brian... thought that Oran spoke very well and answered all questions thoroughly & honestly.

We can expect quite a lot of business in January, with no real surprises who will be departing.

With regards to the January recruitment, he won’t be dipping into the Irish market as he feels it’s unfair to bring in part time players at a time where he needs instant impact. He will explore that avenue in summer when the player(s) have time to settle & adjust to full time football with a full pre-season.

Josh Heaton is not currently training with his first team squad... said it’s up to Josh to show what’s required to work his way into his first team plans.

I must say with the shambolic summer recruitment I am quite impressed with the new recruitment process set up & I’m pretty sure we won’t see such a terrible transfer window again.

I know we’re in a terrible position at the moment but left St. Mirren Park tonight feel quite optimistic that we can turn it around.

Well done to Oran.

Was very impressed with how he spoke and how comprehensively he explained Gus McPhersons role in the recruitment process and the steps we will now take to ensure that all players coming in from here on out are scouted as thoroughly as possible. 

He was also very open about how desperately he's anticipating January and his absolute conviction that any one he wants moved on, will move on.

Was very impressed with how he spoke and how comprehensively he explained Gus McPhersons role in the recruitment process and the steps we will now take to ensure that all players coming in from here on out are scouted as thoroughly as possible. 
He was also very open about how desperately he's anticipating January and his absolute conviction that any one he wants moved on, will move on.

Yeah, agreed. He gave a very in-depth explanation of Gus’ role at the club & IMO think it could be very useful going forward.

Enjoyed listening to Oran tonight & I think given time he will be a success.