The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

not tellin you anything but asking. What's the set up at St Mirren with this charity callin' the shots etc? 

There are some moon-howling St Mirren fans (I know, I was surprised as well) who are convinced Kibble are secretly running the show as part of some plot to achieve... I'm not sure.

It reached a head about 18 months ago when former chairman Stewart Gilmour was mounting a campaign to get voted onto the SMISA board. Coincidentally, the vast majority of conspiracy chat has quietened down since he was successful.

They're undeniably a big part of the club but they're absolutely not calling any shots or running finances or picking Robinson's teams or playing in the holding midfield role.

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

There are some moon-howling St Mirren fans (I know, I was surprised as well) who are convinced Kibble are secretly running the show as part of some plot to achieve... I'm not sure.

It reached a head about 18 months ago when former chairman Stewart Gilmour was mounting a campaign to get voted onto the SMISA board. Coincidentally, the vast majority of conspiracy chat has quietened down since he was successful.

They're undeniably a big part of the club but they're absolutely not calling any shots or running finances or picking Robinson's teams or playing in the holding midfield role.

Kibble or Bible-k are an offshoot of the Mormon Church and their ultimate aim is to convert us to becoming Latter Day Saints.

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

That was a bizarre time on bawarmy too. No surprise that the guy behind the “Glen” account chucked it as soon as that Smisa election concluded.

48 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Surprise the club didn't give you all the tickets to start with, since your fans normally fill the away stand. 

Surely Killie would have made St Mirren aware we would sell it out considering tickets were only being made available to season ticket holders and even then on a first come first served basis with no general sale.

13 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Surely Killie would have made St Mirren aware we would sell it out considering tickets were only being made available to season ticket holders and even then on a first come first served basis with no general sale.

Totally bizarre.

Kilmarnock are consistently the away side that sell out their allocation at St. Mirren park more than any other outside the arsecheeks so it's a strange situation that we haven't just handed them the full stand.

11 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

From the outside looking in it would appear that (if they are running the club) then they are doing a good job.

17 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

You shouldn't  need to tell us. since your fans been filling the stand for years. 

Weird 🤔

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

From the outside looking in it would appear that (if they are running the club) then they are doing a good job.

Think most of the level-headed ones amongst the support understand that there is a fine balance to be had between the SMISA representatives and the Kibble representation and generally it's a beneficial partnership for the overall good health of the club.

Others believe that they are sitting back waiting to asset-strip or doing a jobs for the boys type deal and despite no concrete evidence of either ever being produced, several 'yer da' types unfortunately bought into this narrative. There was also a big thing made that we wanted Stevie Naismith (one of the two candidates along with Scott Brown) before appointing Robinson - apparently he did interview and some folk concluded through a look at the higher ups in Kibble that a relative of Naismith was on the Kibble's BoD so was being primed as a shoo-in for the job and ended up looking daft when he didn't even get close to being offered the job.

Indeed, our former chairman, who over the piece, served a mostly admirable tenure are the helm of the club, seemingly decided that he couldn't let his legacy be what it was and had a few mates on socials putting out a lot of nonsense regarding the stewardship of the club - insisting he had to get back involved via the SMISA board (but not the club board) to take Kibble to task and hold them accountable and more or less ran a campaign that was basically solely along the lines of 'kibble bad' - he got his seat on the board as a result....just and no more.

As yet, his vow to 'take them to task' has not transpired because, as suspected, there's nothing to take them to task over.

Edited by djchapsticks