The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The evidence will have been submitted, but the panel will likely have then subsequently convened to discuss it. They may still be doing so.

I would have thought it was a pretty straight forward case. After all both clubs admitted their guilt when it came to not fully adhering to the guidelines, the only question should be whether the punishment befits the "crime".

I suppose a delay won't necessarily help either of our clubs' chances of winning an appeal considering the mess Celtic made, the fact Raith Rovers are trying to get their game called off for the same reason as we did and that down South they are also suffering similar.

Ten grand...meh.

The decision of the Appeal hearing that the matches be rearranged is a victory for common sense and the reduction of the fine from £40,000 suspended to £20,000 with £10,000 suspended is acknowledged by the Club.

Edited by btb

2 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

At least that's the fair way to decide who gets the points.  If Motherwell beat us (assuming we get a similar decision) then good luck to them as they will have earned these 3 points. 

Exactly, we could lose both games 5-0 now and I won't feel nearly as aggrieved as the decision to hand two teams a total of 9 points for being in the right place at the right time.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Exactly, we could lose both games 5-0 now and I won't feel nearly as aggrieved as the decision to hand two teams a total of 9 points for being in the right place at the right time.

Agree 100%

Do we need to thank Grievance FC for going to Dubai or did common sense prevail?

Edited by paul wright scores
Typo

Just now, paul wright scores said:

Agree 100%

Do we need to thank Greivance FC for going to Dubai or did common sense prevail?

I think a bit of column A a bit of column B to be honest.

Them doing what they did, when they did and the delicious aftermath of it more or less laid our case out to the point that both Saints and Killie decided they might as well have the same defence and be represented together.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I think a bit of column A a bit of column B to be honest.

Them doing what they did, when they did and the delicious aftermath of it more or less laid our case out to the point that both Saints and Killie decided they might as well have the same defence and be represented together.

I think you are correct.  Still think the fine is a bit excessive, considering the lack of funds clubs will have at present