The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I agree it's decent looking but there's a very good reason you can't pick out many teams who play in grey or have had a grey strip.

Is it because we might start to lose our away games 6-2?

Just now, Ralstonite said:

It's not your fault...it's the luck of the draw!

3-1 Rangers, I'm afraid. It's a shame, because there was scope for us to get to a final this year, had we had a good draw.

Hope springs eternal, but I feel you're right.

22 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

It's not your fault...it's the luck of the draw!

3-1 Rangers, I'm afraid. It's a shame, because there was scope for us to get to a final this year, had we had a good draw.

Rangers are obviously big favourites.  So were Celtic at Hampden in the semi. The fact it's a home draw there is always a chance especially if the team works as hard as they did against Aberdeen. This Saturday's game against Aberdeen will be a intresting watch to see how we can play to a pumped up Aberdeen.  

The only way the draw could have been worse was if it had been away! I think what most of us were hoping for was Hibs to get Rangers and have one of those days, and then it was anyones. As it stands, someone has to beat Rangers, so it might as well be us.

You do obviously think of 2013 when we supposedly had no chance against a good Celtic team, but, to be brutally honest, we were a far better team then, or at least we had far better individual players. Guys like Thommo, Isma, Teale, McGinn, McGowan and even Vanzy and Goodwin were more than capable if going toe to toe with the OF on a good day, and frequently did. Not sure we are at that level right now.

Voting thing not loading for me. Will try again tomorrow.

Absolutely mad that we'll be majority fan owned next season, by the way. Very proud to have been part of it. I really hope it turns out to be the right thing to have done.

Edited by Coventry Saint