The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:
4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:
The annual retainer from Celtic must be helping your balance sheet.

That the best you can come up with?

Your fellow Saints fans clearly “got” the joke. It was more intended for our friends from Gorgie as opposed to having a go at St Mirren.

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I wonder how our fans will react to another new face in our ever growing Irish colony of players😜

I don't think it's much of a secret Goodwin was set to raid the LoI once their season finishes.

Connolly, McGrath and McCarthy have all been of a decent quality.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I don't think it's much of a secret Goodwin was set to raid the LoI once their season finishes.

Weeks ago Goodwin said he was interested in two rough diamonds from the irish league.  

I don't think McCarthy has been as good as he was last season, McGrath hasn't been as creative as I'd have hoped either but there is (Neil Lennon catchphrase time) mitigating circumstances as to why that is for both players.

Definitely not blaming either of them for our poor form and current plight.

Connolly will cause every side problems with his pace, is there an under lying issue with his fitness? As he should be a nailed on starter every week from what we have seen so far.

All 3 can potentially be huge players for us.

Just now, Munoz said:

Is this going to be a January loan deal ? 

It appears that’s he’s been on loan to a couple of league 1 sides and that he might well have been released by the premiership outfit. He’s 21 years old and has a few caps at under 21’s and under 18’s ROI. Not sure if he’s a loan or on trial after a possible release.