The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Points deductions / match forfeits are surely non-starters in terms of potential punishments for any breaches of Covid protocols. The evidence of guilt would have to be gold-plated. After having been dragged through the law courts by Hearts and Partick surely Doncaster wouldn't dare to impose a points penalty on Killie and/or St Mirren that would be guaranteed to drag his sorry arse back through those courts again.

14 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Have you read what I have wrote ? Obviously not as I have wrote we need to wait what the club statement is . If , IF  there is any punishment from wrong doings.  If we have broken the rules and proved guilty only then I expect feed back from SMISA. 

Yes, you said...

If you think fans paying £12 a month for years with two members from that organisation on the board should give no information to its members in a time of crisis then I dont agree. Then again we might be innocent but that info should still be out to fans. 

Also

It's a pandemic I'm sure if Killie and Saints take this to a court of law we will both be proved innocent

In a court of law no one ever has to prove their innocence.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Those were one offs. Am I right in thinking your club have already been warned/investigated and this is now another, new charge? 

Not asking for any special status, just treat us the same way they would Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen if they did what they are accusing us of. 
Now before any Hearts fan gets their knickers in a twist, had Obika not scored that goal they would have relegated us as soon as the final whistle was blown. The only reason it dragged on was they needed to f**k either Utd or Hearts. If it had been ICT, Dundee or any other clubs they wouldn’t have batted an eye lid about keeping Hearts up.

The whole thing is a carve up 😏

7 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Not asking for any special status, just treat us the same way they would Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen if they did what they are accusing us of. 
Now before any Hearts fan gets their knickers in a twist, had Obika not scored that goal they would have relegated us as soon as the final whistle was blown. The only reason it dragged on was they needed to f**k either Utd or Hearts. If it had been ICT, Dundee or any other clubs they wouldn’t have batted an eye lid about keeping Hearts up.

I'm no Hears lover these c***s are p***ks. They were given a raw deal had it been in the other foot we would have been shouting from the roof tops. At least I would. 

12 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Rule breaches or not the reason we couldn't fulfill those fixtures was the small squad we are operating with. Had we say 25+ signed players we would probably have been able to field a team albeit a weakened one (although not now the squad has been isolated but I asume this is a step taken to tryto bring this outbreakto an end given the window created by no game next weekend). We will not be operating on this basis through choice it will be financial constraints that are dictating it. This scenario will never lead to a postponement for either of the cheeks, Aberdeen, Hibs etc so I really can't see how a points deduction can be applied as it was far from a level playing field from the outset.

We have 23 players in the first team squad (excluding 2 out on loan).

12 hours ago, Torfason said:

Slight pedant point: had Obika not scored, it would have been Hamilton in 12th.

13 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

It's a pandemic I'm sure if Killie and Saints take this to a court of law we will both be proved innocent.  At that point is the football authorities looking after their members  ?  I dont thinks so they are on a different planet.  It's not a guess we are not out the first month of winter things are going to get bad for all clubs.  If this goes tits up I'm finished watching Scottish football.  Plenty other things to do on a Saturday.  

It is of course a pandemic and anyone can catch it at ant time. But football has these rules in place in order that it continues in as safe a way as possible, which of course is for the benefit of clubs and us as supporters. If any club behaves in an irresponsible way then there certainly should be repercussions. However Kilmarnock and St Mirren have not been shown to have done anything wrong at this point and as such we need to wait and see. 

Edited by Yorky

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:
21 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:
Slight pedant point: had Obika not scored, it would have been Hamilton in 12th.

If he hadn't scored then Hearts would still have been 12th. They were 4 points behind Accies.

FFS! Cheers.

14 hours ago, Ric said:

:lol:

Quite right, he needs to be taken down a peg or two.

There ya go! 😘

On 24/10/2020 at 22:12, ZingaliMan said:

Have you read what I have wrote ? Obviously not as I have wrote we need to wait what the club statement is . If , IF  there is any punishment from wrong doings.  If we have broken the rules and proved guilty only then I expect feed back from SMISA. 

Try paragraphs when writing long posts.

Not being a grammar nazi, just saying that most humans when faced with a big block of text are more likely to miss things or even just not read it at all.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Good article.

And just what we all wanted to hear.

Hopefully there's some way of proving this; but it certainly doesn't seem like we've been 'ignoring all protocols' which some have tried to put forward.