The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8874241/SPFL-set-punish-St-Mirren-Hamilton-clash-postponed-breakdown-coronavirus-protocols.html

"The SPFL have now launched their second investigation in a week into the circumstances of the latest postponement. Disciplinary proceedings will follow next week following allegations of serious breaches of social distancing protocols surrounding player car sharing, coach journeys and team meals. Kilmarnock already face the possibility of a points forfeit after the league followed the postponement of their recent game with Motherwell with disciplinary charges. Privately senior figures regard the charges facing St Mirren as more serious."

If it’s true we deserve to be punished.

5 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Maybe I'm naive but, basic stuff like car-sharing..... it's hard to believe that Jim Goodwin (and others), knowing how much is at stake, would turn a blind eye.

IMO professional sportsmen think they can just do what they like !!! 

Look at what’s happened to date at Aberdeen Celtic down south with their parties and the rugby players this week

Classic cases of f**k you jack I’m alright …… it’s just your Donald Duck if it bites you on the arse and end up with cases

Total lack of respect to the rest of us 

11 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Look at what’s happened to date at Aberdeen Celtic down south with their parties and the rugby players this week

Classic cases of f**k you jack I’m alright …… it’s just your Donald Duck if it bites you on the arse and end up with cases

Hard for clubs to control players' actions when they're away from their work.

The article seems to suggest though that players and staff were breaching protocols WITHIN the club. If that's the case and Scott, Fitzpatrick, etc weren't aware what was going on at the training ground then Goodwin and his staff could lose their jobs over this.

3 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8874241/SPFL-set-punish-St-Mirren-Hamilton-clash-postponed-breakdown-coronavirus-protocols.html

"The SPFL have now launched their second investigation in a week into the circumstances of the latest postponement. Disciplinary proceedings will follow next week following allegations of serious breaches of social distancing protocols surrounding player car sharing, coach journeys and team meals. Kilmarnock already face the possibility of a points forfeit after the league followed the postponement of their recent game with Motherwell with disciplinary charges. Privately senior figures regard the charges facing St Mirren as more serious."

They have clearly been lax in their covid protocols

Whether we have been lax or not, could I just say the Daily Mail can go f**k itself. The dog whistle piece of trash. If it told me I was on fire, and I was quite clearly on fire, I'd ask for a second opinion. While it's sports pages are less unreliable, anyone willing to work for a tool of hatred should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Goodwin on 16/10:

"We can as a club, and as every club is doing, do the best we can where we train and in the stadium everyone is sticking to the rules. We have protocols in place and as a club we’re very strict on that. But the fact of the matter is we cannot control what happens when the players or staff go home. Their wives, girlfriends, mums and dads are all out there working in normal jobs, in hospitals, offices and we can’t control what happens to them. So, you’re in the lap of the gods every week and that’s the problem we’ve got."

Edited by Buttocks Brown

14 hours ago, ropy said:

In fact I have just seen the update that says the entire squad has to isolate, that will be for 14 days taking us to Friday 6th November which is the scheduled date of the game against Dundee United.

It will be 14 days from the last contact, so it depends when they last trained together. Our period of self-isolation was made public on the Friday morning, but in reality actually started on the Thursday I think.

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

It is definitely not just professional sportspeople who are doing these sort of things. The Aberdeen players' only  was to not follow the three households meeting up indoors rule which was in place at the time, something that people in that same pub and across the country were breaching at the same time. Bolingoli returned from a foreign trip without quarantining, which again he would be far from the only person doing.

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

Whether we have been lax or not, could I just say the Daily Mail can go f**k itself. The dog whistle piece of trash. If it told me I was on fire, and I was quite clearly on fire, I'd ask for a second opinion. While it's sports pages are less unreliable, anyone willing to work for a tool of hatred should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

The Daily Mail is a horrible shitheap of a publication, but Stephen McGowan is a very good journalist - he has extremely good sources within the SFA and SPFL and thus tends to be bang on with stories from these places. I would be fairly confident that there will be something in this story.

Edited by craigkillie

50 minutes ago, ropy said:

Ryan Christie’s comments about 14 days quarantine being ok for ‘normal’ people but not for him doesn’t show footballers in a good light. Is this opinion rife through all the teams?

Was he not saying it's not a similar situation due to the amount of tests footballers get compared to people in other sectors?

He'll be getting tested about every 2-3 days id imagine. Is it really necessary for him to "pass" 6 tests before he can train again?

19 minutes ago, Ric said:

Aye nothing like keeping on topic

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Daily Mail is a horrible shitheap of a publication, but Stephen McGowan is a very good journalist - he has extremely good sources within the SFA and SPFL and thus tends to be bang on with stories from these places. I would be fairly confident that there will be something in this story.

I haven't read the story, and won't, so I really cannot comment on McGowan. He may very well be a fair and even handed, my question about him would be his acceptance to have his name associated with such a hateful piece of trash.

3 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Aye nothing like keeping on topic

Ironic coming from a poster who has continually posted negative bullshit and insinuation without a shred of evidence.

Maybe you are a supporter of racism, hatred and bigotry? Maybe you aren't. However I will always call out the Daily Mail for being the pustulent boil on society it is.

Edited by Ric

If they've been lax about this then we deserve to be hauled over the coals for it and, IMO, points forfeits would be reasonable (as long as it's applied fairly and, if necessarily, retrospectively too).

But 'blame' for contracting Coronavirus is very dodgy ground. I know he's an idiot, but even Boris Johnson got it. I guess if they have specific proof that protocol has been repeatedly breached, then we're in trouble, but it's more likely to be a fine, I reckon.

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

Ironic coming from a poster who has continually posted negative bullshit and insinuation without a shred of evidence.

Maybe you are a supporter of racism, hatred and bigotry? Maybe you aren't. However I will always call out the Daily Mail for being the pustulent boil on society it is.

The insinuation was entirely on topic...so I'm failing to see the irony...

...as for the Mail, and your thoughts, I share them in general however their sports section as has already been stated is generally pretty trustworthy.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If they've been lax about this then we deserve to be hauled over the coals for it and, IMO, points forfeits would be reasonable (as long as it's applied fairly and, if necessarily, retrospectively too).

But 'blame' for contracting Coronavirus is very dodgy ground. I know he's an idiot, but even Boris Johnson got it. I guess if they have specific proof that protocol has been repeatedly breached, then we're in trouble, but it's more likely to be a fine, I reckon.

Boris got it because he is a fucking idiot, never believed the hype and decided that he'd shake peoples unsanitised hands...

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

The insinuation was entirely on topic...so I'm failing to see the irony...

...as for the Mail, and your thoughts, I share them in general however their sports section as has already been stated is generally pretty trustworthy.

I'm being miserable, I'm just awake, and shouldn't get involved in a pre-coffee rant.

Apologies and removal of that petty red dot.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I'm being miserable, I'm just awake, and shouldn't get involved in a pre-coffee rant.

Apologies and removal of that petty red dot.

It’s Saturday, get yourself out of bed, it’s game day....oh wait

Will be hugely disappointed if allegations of our club breaking protocol regulations over C19.  If true we take our punishment but heads should roll at the club. While I dont want to know what goes on in the board room in general.  On this subject I certainly do if we are found guilty of breaking the rules. It will be intresting to see what feedback SMISA  gives to its members for me that will make or break SMISA  for me.