The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

For a team that loves making a statement, we’ve been surprisingly quiet given the press about more players having COVID.

Can only assume Tony and his statement generator have it.

Why make an announcement if they don't know whether the game will be on or not?

I suspect tomorrow we'll hear the full story, along with whether the game is on or not.

As it stands, no request has been made to the SPFL to postpone Saturday's visit of Hamilton Academical.

However, the trio - and a fourth player who has been deemed as a close contact - will have further NHS screening on Friday before any decisions are taken.

Thttps://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3800-club-statement-covid-19-testing-update-2

They must have heard the cry of the needy.

Edited by FTOF

15 minutes ago, Yflab said:

At this rate we are going to have issued more statements this season than points collected.

Oh, we have reached that mark already, quite easily too.

That says more about out statement generating software than the number of points, btw.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I think your lot have had one of then "chicken pox parties" but for the Covid.

What's going on there?

Exactly the same situation as Killie were in at the beginning of the month: club pretty much shut for 2 weeks....

I think Killie's flew under the radar a bit because we were going into the international break and attention turned to Scotland. 2 out of the 3 games affected for them were in their league cup group. Ours has happened when everyone's focus is back on the league. 

Could be clubs falling like dominoes in the next few weeks.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

40 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We don't have a game next week due to the cup semi-finals.

In fact I have just seen the update that says the entire squad has to isolate, that will be for 14 days taking us to Friday 6th November which is the scheduled date of the game against Dundee United.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

In fact I have just seen the update that says the entire squad has to isolate, that will be for 14 days taking us to Friday 6th November which is the scheduled date of the game against Dundee United.

Those who have tested positive can be back training 10 days after their positive test.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Those who have tested positive can be back training 10 days after their positive test.

I don’t know the numbers I was assuming there are more people isolating as contacts (14 days) than there are infected (10 days). Maybe not.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8874241/SPFL-set-punish-St-Mirren-Hamilton-clash-postponed-breakdown-coronavirus-protocols.html

"The SPFL have now launched their second investigation in a week into the circumstances of the latest postponement. Disciplinary proceedings will follow next week following allegations of serious breaches of social distancing protocols surrounding player car sharing, coach journeys and team meals. Kilmarnock already face the possibility of a points forfeit after the league followed the postponement of their recent game with Motherwell with disciplinary charges. Privately senior figures regard the charges facing St Mirren as more serious."

56 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8874241/SPFL-set-punish-St-Mirren-Hamilton-clash-postponed-breakdown-coronavirus-protocols.html

"The SPFL have now launched their second investigation in a week into the circumstances of the latest postponement. Disciplinary proceedings will follow next week following allegations of serious breaches of social distancing protocols surrounding player car sharing, coach journeys and team meals. Kilmarnock already face the possibility of a points forfeit after the league followed the postponement of their recent game with Motherwell with disciplinary charges. Privately senior figures regard the charges facing St Mirren as more serious."

It’s all conjecture at the moment, but gut feel is that we’ll be hit in a big way. Not sure if we’ll face a points deduction, but it could end up being a fine. E.g % of prize money at the end of the season.

We’ve had too many instances of this now to claim the protocols in place are sufficient. I get that people can/will bring it in, but there’s clearly more we should be doing.