The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

27 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

So how does it work that you are still gonna play on Sat?

I'll be honest, I don't know. Maybe I'm just not up to speed on the exact dates and isolation requirements but I can't see how a 10 day period will allow us to get a team on the pitch if it had to be cancelled at the very last minute.

Maybe some of the youth players will be brought into the testing.

Maybe Goodwin will troll the SPFL with another late call off.

Just now, Ric said:

I'll be honest, I don't know. Maybe I'm just not up to speed on the exact dates and isolation requirements but I can't see how a 10 day period will allow us to get a team on the pitch if it had to be cancelled at the very last minute.

Maybe some of the youth players will be brought into the testing.

Maybe Goodwin will troll the SPFL with another late call off.

Aye I was just wondering. Can't mind when the original cases were but I thought it was nearer the end of the week.

51 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

So how does it work that you are still gonna play on Sat?

A couple of the cases were on Monday/Tuesday I think, so they will be out of isolation by then (as long as they return a negative test). They will also have time to bring youth players into the testing regime, and also there could possibly be guys returning from injury.

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

... I'm going to hate myself for asking this, but what do you think "butthurt" means to make it homophobic? :unsure2:

Exactly. What's more mirthsome is trying to play the "victim/virtue signalling" card while orchestrating, what any sensible poster could consider, a passive aggressive bullying campaign.

Now me? I'm fine with it, I'll just have a chuckle and document it for posterity rather than engage in childish tit for tat red dotting retaliation. However, could you imagine if this poster had targetted someone with mental health issues? That pattern of behaviour really is something the moderators should keep an eye on.